recipes using refrigerator crescent rolls? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

recipes using refrigerator crescent rolls?

Last post Feb 14, 2011 1:26 PM by peppercorns . 30 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 123
  • recipes using refrigerator crescent rolls?
    I bought some refrigerator crescent rolls when they were on sale, stuck them in my fridge; and now I don't know what recipe I had intended to use them with! Anyone have suggestions for me, before they get old!? I'd like to try both a main dish and a dessert, and maybe an appetizer. ANYTHING! Thanks
    False
  • RE: recipes using refrigerator crescent rolls?
    Wow! Looks like you really want some recipes! LOL Here's a recipe for the casserole version of Runzas (or Bierocks)My family really likes this.

RUNZA

2 pkgs. crescent rolls
    1 lb. grnd. beef
    1 onion, chopped
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 medium head cabbage,chopped
    1 can mushroom soup
    1 cup shredded cheese
    Cook cabbage and onion in oil. Brown beef and combine with cabbage and onion. Cover bottom of 9 by 13 pan with 1 package crescent rolls. Pat beef mixture in pan, spread with mushroom soup and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Place remaining package rolls on top. Bake 30 min. at 350 F.
    You can sub. 2 pkg. shredded cabbage. I also use more cheese. Leftovers freeze well.

False
    Connie Visit my blog at: Boondock Babble
    Here is the official pillsbury bake off winners recipes using srescent rolls with picutres too! :) -K

http://www.bakeoff.com/recipes/pork.asp
    False
    LOUISIANA APPLE DUMPLINGS

2 Granny Smith apples
    3/4 c. butter (do not substitute)
    1 1/2 c. sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
    1 1/4 c. Mountain Dew

Peel and cut each apple into 8 slices. Microwave them for 1 minute. Melt butter and mix with sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Roll each slice of apple in a crescent roll and place in a 9x13 pan. Scoop the sugar mixture on top of each dumpling. Pour the Mountain Dew over and around each dumpling. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until dumplings are golden brown. Serve with ice cream while warm.
    False
    Here's an easy dessert:

Tear crescent rolls at perferations. Wrap each piece around a fun size (or cut-up) Three Muskateers bar. Bake according to package directions for crescents (I think it's like 10 minutes). Mix powdered sugar with a little milk to make a frosting and pour/drizzle over warm crescents. Serve warm.

These are so yummy. You can use different candy bars but the 3 Muskateers are my favorite.
    False
    My favorite is the cream cheese danish. Do you have this recipe? If not, here it is.

EASY CREAM CHEESE DANISH
    Serves: 12
    Effort: Average
    Comments: This is so incredibly rich & delicious that it is hard to believe it is so simple to make. If you have any leftovers, they taste fantastic reheated in the microwave. To really add something to this recipe, you can add a few tablespoons of jam to the cream cheese filling.
    Danish:
    2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg, separated
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 (8 ounces each) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
    1/3 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Glaze (optional):
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
    Milk

DANISH: Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan. Unroll & spread one package crescent rolls on bottom of pan. Mix sugar, 1 egg yolk, vanilla, & cream cheese together. Spread over bottom crust of crescent rolls. Unroll & spread 1 package crescent rolls over top of cream cheese mixture. Brush top crust with 1 slightly beaten egg white. Mix 1/3 cup sugar & cinnamon together. Sprinkle on top of egg white. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Drizzle with glaze, if desired.
    GLAZE: Mix first three ingredients together. Stir in enough milk until mixture is drizzling consistency; pour over danish.
    False
    I am going to try that one more time.

Easy Cream Cheese Danish
    Serves: 12
    Effort: Average
    Comments: This is so incredibly rich & delicious that it is hard to believe it is so simple to make. If you have any leftovers, they taste fantastic reheated in the microwave. To really add something to this recipe, you can add a few tablespoons of jam to the cream cheese filling.

Danish:
    2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg, separated
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 (8 ounces each) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
    1/3 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Glaze (optional):
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
    Milk

Danish: Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan. Unroll & spread one package crescent rolls on bottom of pan. Mix sugar, 1 egg yolk, vanilla, & cream cheese together. Spread over bottom crust of crescent rolls. Unroll & spread 1 package crescent rolls over top of cream cheese mixture. Brush top crust with 1 slightly beaten egg white. Mix 1/3 cup sugar & cinnamon together. Sprinkle on top of egg white. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Drizzle with glaze, if desired.

Glaze: Mix first three ingredients together. Stir in enough milk until mixture is drizzling consistency; pour over danish.

Enjoy!
    False
    Here's what I do a lot and everyone likes them, although I don't have exact amounts always:

Chicken Roll-ups

5-6 pieces of boiled chicken, boned and chopped
    1/2 onion, finely chopped
    about 1 c. shredded co-jack cheese
    2 cans crescent rolls
    2 cans cream of mushroom soup mixed with about 1/4 c. milk
    more cheese for top

Mix the chicken, onion and cheese together. Separate the crescent rolls and fill them with the chicken mixture, then roll up in the crescent shape. Pour the soup mix evenly over the top and bake at 350 until all is browning and bubbly. Grate as much cheese over the top of this as you like and return to oven only long enough to melt the cheese...........
    NOTE: If you have any of the chicken mixture left, it's great cold on a sandwich with mayonnaise (and horseradish, if you like).
    False
    Bump
    False
    I learned this little trick at a Pampered Chef party... crescent rolls make a great pizza crust. I use one pkg. of crescent rolls for my small pizza stone, pat them onto the stone and seal the perforations to form the crust. I put sauce and toppings on top of the crust just like I would for any pizza and then bake. I don't bake the crust first... I do spray my stone with cooking spray.
    False
    We like breakfast pizza.
    False
    Here is an easy snack even the kids can do. You will need melted butter, a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, large marshmallows, and a cupcake pan with liners. Take one marshmallow and roll it in melted butter. then dip into the cinnamon and sugar mix. Place on end of crescent roll opposite of the point. Roll the marshmallow and crescent up so that all sides are covered and sealed up. Dip this into melted butter and place into the cupcake liners. Bake according to package directions. Some of the marshmallow will ooze out of your crescent roll. When done you can drizzle on a mixture of powered sugar, vanilla and milk for the icing.

ENJOY
    False
    Ooh that last one is good- ive done that before! Another Pampered Chef recipe I've had was a BBQ Chicken Pizza. Unroll the crescent rolls onto their stone- shape into rectangle, bake until golden. Meanwhile, chop up cooked chicken breast and mix with barbecue sauce. After rolls have cooled- spread chicken mixture over, top with chopped red onion, green pepper and grated cheese. it'svery good!

Robin
    False
    Chicken Pockets

1 3 oz pkg cream cheese softened
    3 Tbsp butter, melted and divided
    2 C chopped cooked chicken
    2 Tbsp milk
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp pepper
    1 8 oz can refrigerated crescent rolls
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    Garlic salt

Preheat oven to 350º. Combine cream cheese and 2 Tbsp butter; stir in chicken, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.

Unroll crescent dough, separating into 4 rectanges; press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/4 of chicken mixture into center of each rectangle; bring corners of each rectangle together over chicken mixture, and twist gently to seal.

Brush packets with remaining 1 Tbsp of butter, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and lightly with Garlic Salt (optional) and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until golden.

These are excellent, rich and easy, easy to make. I substituted Neufchatel cream cheese and used skim milk and it came out great. I also put little aluminum foil "hats" on the twisted pastry (tips only) so they wouldn't brown to much. Serve with fruit or green salad. Yum!
    False
    Before rolling up the crescents, sprinkle grated chedder on them, roll up and dip in melted garlic butter. Bake as usual and you have the best Garlic Cheese Bread ever.
    False