How can I spice up a pork roast in the crockpot??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How can I spice up a pork roast in the crockpot???

Last post Apr 11, 2004 6:58 PM by TAYP . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • How can I spice up a pork roast in the crockpot???
    My oven is broke so I put a pork roast in the crockpot, what could I put in their to give it some flavor???? Thanks, Vicki
    False

Vicki aka waitressno119_IL

• RE: How can I spice up a pork roast in the crockpot???
    I like one can of whole berry cranberry sauce and one package of dry onion soup mix. A bit of dry mustard and a pinch of cloves added is nice, but not crucial.

The next one isn't tried and true, but I saw it in a Betty Crocker Cookbook and plan on making this soon:

4 c. herb stuffing
    3/4 c. chicken broth
    1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
    1/3 c. chopped frozen onions

Mix all of the above and put into crock, sprayed w/Pam.

Place 2 -2 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin on top.

Combine 1/3 c. apricot jam and 1 T. balsamic vinegar, brush pork with glaze and cook on low 7-8 hours.
    False
    I always put a lots of garlic powder, salt, and pepper on my pork roast. I also cut up an onion or two in them most of the time. My family loves them. Yann
    False
    I follow the same recipe sometimes that I use for the Crockpot Italian Beef. I'm not a big pork fan, but it does come out good this way, that's for sure.

Arlene
    False
    Pour a can of coke, cream of musroom soup and onion soup mix on it. It makes a delicious gravy too.

I like the other ideas here too.

Brenda
    False
    Brenda Sinclair
    I've heard of the cranberry sauce and onion soup mix before. also, because I have those items in the house. The coke and mushroom soup intriguesme.... Vicki
    False

Just thought of another idea - I make Country-style ribs and sauerkraut in the C.P. and it's delicious. How about using your roast, if you have sauerkraut on hand?

The additions to the meat are to season it using seasoned salt, add 32-oz jar sauerkraut, undrained, and 1 cup applesauce. Cook on low.
    False
    ARELABS- Just did that Tuesday with Country Style ribs! Vicki
    False

LOL Vicki. See, most of us on this BB think too much alike. Scary, isn't it?

Arlene
    False
    Is pouring a whole jar of salsa over the roast in the crockpot just too simple for a recipe board? Maybe I make simple recipes because I don't like to have to type out all the ingredients? Penny.
    False
    Blueribbon, Lots of us love simple, that's why Reiman had the 5 or fewer section in their magazine! Vicki
    False

I like to put minces garlic,sliced onion,dash salt,black pepper and a teaspoon of sage on top. my DH and DS loves pork roast that way. DS is not a pork lover except for my roast and ham.
    Have a great Easter.
    Puppylovinglady (Wanda)
    False
    I toss in a little extra garlic (not powder), basil, and my secret ingredient--is to dump a jar of chicken gravy over it--do not stir and cook for at least 7 hours. Make sure you use a GOOD gravy. If I can find the recipe I posted yesterday I will paste it here--the flavors just burst in your mouth and the roast is tender and incredibly moist!
    False
    Season with creole seasoning and cover with dijon mustard and add a cup of beer and cook away.

I just made a pork roast the other day with the saurkraut and apple sauce.

Phil
    False
    I just add some Italian dressing to it. The vinegar in the dressing helps to make the pork tender. I usually oven bake, chopped and seasoned sweet potatoes and potatoes to go along with it, and a salad. Pork and Sauerkraut are also a favorite.

Lou
    False