Recipes using Pecan Sandies cookies???? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipes using Pecan Sandies cookies????

Last post Apr 12, 2004 4:14 PM by richlinKy . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Recipes using Pecan Sandies cookies????
    I bought a bag and the kids say they don't like them. Rather than me opening them and eating a few while thr rest go stale, or even worse I eat the whole bag, LOL! Anyone have any dessert ideas that would either use these as a crust, or crushed in chunks with a coolwhip creamcheese kind of concoction? thanks in advance. Vicki
    False

Vicki aka waitressno119_IL

• RE: Recipes using Pecan Sandies cookies????
    I think I just read a post saying they made Paula Deen's banana pudding with Keebler Sandies cookies. It received very good reviews.
    I will just copy it for you. Be easier than you trying to find it...

Paula Deen's Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies (keebler Sandies)
    6 to 8 bananas, sliced
    2 cups milk
    1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
    1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
    In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
    False
    You could crush them into a 9 inch pie pan. Then add 1 box instant vanilla pudding and bananas. Ta dah Banana Cream Pie.
    False
    Hey Melly, Thanks so much! The coolest part is, I have all the ingredients in the house and I'm gonna make it tonight! I'll let you know how it comes out!
    False

Vicki aka waitressno119_IL

I saw a review of one of Maddymoo's recipes this morning that uses these cookies. I think it was Caramel Pecan Delight or something like that.
    The recipe sure sounded good.

Margaret
    False

If your spirit is grateful and humble / your tongue won't constantly grumble.
    You can crush them up and sprinkle them over pudding or ice cream. You can also use them as a topping for fruit crisp. Just crush and sprinkle on top of fruit. Dot with butter and bake until brown. You can also use them in place of graham cracker crumbs for pie crust, or use them as a base for bar cookies. BTW - they are my favorite cookies!
    False