ISO: Microwave bundt cake recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Microwave bundt cake recipe

Last post Apr 25, 2004 11:35 PM by whitewater . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • ISO: Microwave bundt cake recipe
    I found a microwave bundt pan this weekend at a yard sale for the bargain price of $1! I've never attempted to bake anything in a microwave though, so does anyone have any easy starter recipes for me?
    False
  • RE: ISO: Microwave bundt cake recipe
    If you call the phone number on the cake mix box they will give you the info for doing it in the microwave. Then you can make you own and follow the directions they give you for cooking in the microwave. gail
    False
    What a great idea momladybug. I have a micro-bundt pan I've never used. I'll have to try that. You guys are just too smart!

Arlene
    False
    I've posted this before. It's not a Bundt pan recipe, but I'm sure you can do it in one. I'm not sure of the time though.

love this one and it's so quick to make (just like the name says). It's so moist and yummy.

QUICK MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE

2 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
    1/3 c. margarine
    1 ¼ c. flour
    1 c. sugar
    1 large ripe banana, mashed
    Banana slices, optional
    1 egg
    1 t. vanilla
    ½ t. baking soda
    ¼ t. salt
    Glaze (recipe follows)

Microwave chocolate and margarine in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until margarine is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Beat in flour, sugar, banana, water, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt until smooth. Pour into greased 8-inch square microwaveable dish. Microwave on HIGH 8 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, rotating dish ¼ turn every 2 minutes if it does not rotate. Cool in dish on counter top. Frost cake with glaze. Garnish with banana slices if desired.

SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
    3 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
    3 T. water
    1 T. margarine
    1 c. powdered sugar
    ½ t. vanilla

Microwave chocolate, water and margarine in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring once. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla until smooth. For thinner glaze, add ½ to 1 teaspoon additional water.
    False
    This is actually a Tupperware recipe I have used for years now. It makes a really yummy cake. You may have to try it a couple of times to get it perfect, as every microwave is different. On my microwave, it usually takes about 10 minutes.

GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 german chocolate cake mix
    (eggs, water, and oil according to package directions)
    1 can coconut pecan icing

Spread icing in bottom of pan. Mix cake according to package directions. Pour mix over icing. Microwave on 100% power for 8-13 minutes (depending on microwave), or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If you don't have a turn-table in your microwave, you will need to rotate cake every 3 minutes.

False