Help! My soup is greasy! What can I do to save it! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help! My soup is greasy! What can I do to save it!

Last post May 10, 2004 4:15 PM by Marny13 . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Help! My soup is greasy! What can I do to save it!
    I know that there is something I can put on top to help "sop" up the grease. Can someone give me a few pointers here? I would appreciate it so very much! Thanks in advance!

Patti
    False
  • RE: Help! My soup is greasy! What can I do to save it!
    You can put it into the refrigerator for awhile and the fat will float to the top and solidify :o)

Corinna
    False
    Slices of white bread will soak up the grease!!!
    Ellen
    False
    Thanks! I will try the bread and then try the fridge if that doesn't work! Thanks so much for the quick replies! Supper will not be ruined.

Patti
    False
    What kind of soup did you make? I have heard that you can let soup cool and you can skim some of the grease off, also that you can take a clean paper towel and lay gently on the top of the soup and take some of the grease off. Is the grease from fat in the meat where it will harden as it cools and you can take it out? Connie
    False
    I just skim it off the top with a spoon while it's cooking. If you're in a hurry, how about an ice cube wrapped in a paper towel skimmed across the surface?
    False
    The best method is to put it in the fridge over night. The grease will solidify and you can take it right off. If you don't have that much time, Spoon out what you can then use as many romaine lettuce leaves as you need. Just swirl them around on top of the soup. Magic!!

Marny
    False