how many cups creamy peanut butter in a 24-ounce jar? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

how many cups creamy peanut butter in a 24-ounce jar?

Last post Nov 15, 2013 3:02 PM by hasselhoff2018 . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • how many cups creamy peanut butter in a 24-ounce jar?
    I am making the butterfinger bars, but bought the wrong size jar of peanut butter. How much is in a 24-ounce jar? Thank you....

piggykins
    False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"
  • RE: how many cups creamy peanut butter in a 24-ounce jar?
    There is 8 ounces in a cup so it would be 3
    False
    There are 8 oz. in a cup, so 3 cups in a 24 oz. jar.

Pat
    False
    Thank you both so much! Now how about an 18-ounce jar cause I have that too?! Thank you....

piggykins
    False

In 18 oz there is 2 1/4 cups
    False
    Thank you!...

Darn candy is so good, my fault I bought the wrong size. They don't make a 24-ounce jar....

piggykins
    False

I forgot to post the recipe along with my request. I have a 24-ounce package of Almond Bark, 24-ounce package Candy Corn that is the reason for my question. When I make it, I think I will use a jellyroll pan. Fir 24-ounces of peanut butter I will try 2 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter. Does that amount sound right?....

piggykins

Butterfinger Candy

1 lb. candy corn
    16oz jar peanut butter
    16oz pkg. chocolate candy coating

Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals til melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. Spread mixture in a buttered dish. Cool completely. Cut into squares. Dip in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.

This candy is delicious! Worth a try.
    False

Since the recipe calls for a 16oz jar, you should be asking how many cups in that size jar lol. The answer is 1.76 round it off to 1 3/4 cups.

The important thing to remember is WEIGHT AND VOLUME ARE NOT ALWAYS EQUAL.
    False

Since the recipe calls for a 16oz jar, you should be asking how many cups in that size jar lol. The answer is 1.76 round it off to 1 3/4 cups.

The important thing to remember is WEIGHT AND VOLUME ARE NOT ALWAYS EQUAL. If you don't have a scale handy, then use an online conversion calculator anytime you need to adjust your measurements. An excellent one is at www.gourmetsleuth.com
    False

Footsie

Thank you for telling me. My problem is math (always has been) I just get confused how to figure the amount for 24 ounces. I hope that 2 1/2 cups is right....

piggykins
    False

• Re: how many cups creamy peanut butter in a 24-ounce jar?

Thank ya'll so much for letting me know I have got to make the best peanut butter cookies for my family and have got to make sure i get enough :D #yummy yummy  :P

False