Need easy Lasagna recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need easy Lasagna recipe

Last post Nov 18, 2007 8:54 PM by MoJan . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Need easy Lasagna recipe
    Does anyone have an easy lasagna recipe? I'm new to cooking, so it has to be simple. Thanks!
    False
  • RE: Need easy Lasagna recipe
    I like Prego sauce for my lasagna.

This makes a 9" x 13" pan. Cut it in half for a 8" x 8" pan.

I cook lasagna noodles according to the package directions. I usually hold the noodles up to the pan to decide how many to cook I usually have 3 layers of noodles.

I cook 1# hamburger with a chopped onion and drain.

Then I cut up about 10 oz to 12 oz of mozarella cheese. You can use shredded.

Spray your pan with a spray to make it easier to clean.

Put a bit of sauce on the bottom, then 1 layer of the noodles, 1/3 of the hamburger, and 1/3 of the cheese and then more sauce. Continue layering ending with the sauce. I usually have 3 layers.

Bake in a 350° oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until it is heated through and is bubbly.

This is good reheated.
    False
    The very easiest lasagna recipe I know, Newcook, is this:

RAVIOLI LASAGNA

One bag of frozen ravioli (cheese or meat-filled)
    1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (your choice - I like the meatball kind)
    1 small can of tomato juice or V8
    Mozzarella cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
    Provolone cheese, sliced
    Parmesan cheese, grated

Put a small amount of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of an 8x8 or 9x9 glass pan. Lay out a layer of the frozen ravioli. Spoon on a layer of spaghetti sauce, then a layer of cheese (either Mozzarella or Provolone). Lay out another layer of the frozen ravioli. Follow with the spaghetti sauce, then more cheese. Finish with another layer of frozen ravioli. Top it off with whatever cheese you have left - Provolone or Mozzarella, then a sprinkle of the Parmesan cheese. Carefully pour the small can of juice around the inside of the casserole dish without disturbing the cheese. You can refrigerage this overnight or put it right into the oven, covered. Bake for about an hour to an hour and a half (check to see if it's done after an hour). Take off the cover for a few minutes before you take it out of the oven so the cheese on top gets brown. Let it set about 10 minutes before you cut it and serve. Delicious!

If you don't have the tomato juice or V8, pour in a little water instead or use a can of stewed tomatoes, undrained. If you don't like provolone, use all mozzarella or even cheddar instead.
    False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast
    Stimpy that sounds great!!!

Dee
    False
    Yes, it is, Dee. It's my husband's favorite lasagna too (which is good since it's so simple!).
    False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast
    Virginia's Easy Lasagna
    (from the side of a box)

1 lb ground beef
    3 1/2 cups (32 oz) thick spaghetti sauce
    1 1/2 cups water
    2 cups (15 oz) ricotta cheese
    3 cups (12 oz) shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
    1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup chopped parsley
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    8 oz lasagna noodles, uncooked
    (We also layer a (10 oz package of frozen spinach, thawed)

Brown beef in 3 quart saucepan, drain off excess fat.
    Add sauce and water; simmer about 10 minutes

Combine remaining ingredients, except noodles, for filling.

Pour about 1 cup of sauce on bottom of 13x9 baking pan.
    Layer 3 pieces of uncooked noodles over sauce*; cover with about 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Spread 1/2 of cheese filling over sauce.

Repeat layers of lasagna, sauce, and cheese filling. Top with layer of noodles and remaining sauce.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.

Remove foil; bake about 10 minutes longer. Allow to stand about 10 minutes before cutting for easier handling.

Makes 8 to 10 servings

*Lasagna will expand to fill empty spaces.

False
    Kathleen
    This is my shortcut recipe I adapted from the original one that had sauce that cooked for hours. I use the no boil noodles (so that saves a step) and Prego sauce (so that also saves a lot of time). It makes two big 9 x 13 pans and you can freeze the extra one. Sounds complicated but it isn't bad at all. The sauce is easy, the cheese part is easy, and the layering isn't hard. I will post it next post.
    False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

Almost Classic Shortcut Lasagna (it tastes great, I just took a few shortcuts to save time)

2 lb. ground beef
    1 lb. ground sausage
    1 onion, diced
    2 (67 oz. each) jars Prego spaghetti sauce with mushrooms (I buy at Sam’s Club, but you can also get at WalMart and probably other stores also)
    8 oz. pkg. no boil lasagna noodles
    32 oz. ricotta cheese
    4 eggs
    4 c. grated Mozarella cheese

Cook ground beef, sausage and onion together in large skillet. Drain. Put meat into large saucepan with spaghetti sauce (like a Dutch oven size saucepan) . Heat to boiling and then turn down heat and simmer maybe 10 minutes. Spray two 9 x 13 baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray. In mixing bowl, beat together ricotta cheese and eggs until well blended. In bottom of each pan, spread a layer of meat mixture, then a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, then a layer of ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat layers. End with a layer of meat sauce. Sprinkle ½ of the cheese over each pan of lasagna. Bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is turning golden brown.

Note: If you are going to freeze one, don't bake it--just make it like you are going to bake it, wrap it well in foil and freeze. Then when you want it, thaw it out, then bake it. Normally, I take the second dish up to the pastor and his wife, but I have made it before from freezing it first--it freezes well.

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

This is so much easier than the traditional lasagna with the long noodles and tastes just as good.

LAYERED MINI LASAGNA CASSEROLE

1 lb. ground beef
    ½ cup chopped onion
    1 jar (28-oz.) spaghetti sauce
    6 cups (12 oz.) San Giorgio Mafalda pasta, uncooked
    3 ¾ cups (2 lb.) ricotta cheese
    1 egg
    ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
    ½ teaspoon ground pepper
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
    Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Heat oven to 375F. In large skillet, cook meat and onion until meat browns; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions for 7 minutes, drain. In large bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, pepper and salt. In 13x9x2-inch baking dish; spread 1 cup meat sauce; evenly layer one-half pasta over sauce. Spread ricotta mixture over pasta; sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers of meat sauce and pasta. Spread remaining meat sauce over pasta, covering pasta completely; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired; cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
    False
    My husband like cottage chesse in his so I tried this one and we both loved it. It was so easy to and you don't have to precook the noodles.

Easy Lasagna;

1 pound of Hamburger

1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce (we use Ragu chunky mushroom)

1/2 cup water

2 eggs, beaten

1 carton (24 ounces) cottage cheese

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, pepper, Italian seasoning

9 uncooked lasagna noodles

3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

In a large skillet, cook hamburger over medium heat until done. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and water. Simmer uncoverd for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings.

Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and a third of the cheese mixture, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice more.

Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
    False