HELP!! Need ideas for snacks / activities at 4th grade Christmas Party | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HELP!! Need ideas for snacks / activities at 4th grade Christmas Party

Last post Dec 12, 2007 2:07 PM by contrarius . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • HELP!! Need ideas for snacks / activities at 4th grade Christmas Party

I am room mom and am in charge of organizing the kids Christmas Party for my son's 4th grade class. I need all of your wonderful ideas on party food / treats and fun activities to do with the class! We will have 30 min - 1 hour for party time :) 

You are all such a fabulous and creative bunch, I can't wait to see all the suggestions! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Julie 

False
  • Re: HELP!! Need ideas for snacks / activities at 4th grade Christmas Party

http://www.ashleighvetclinic.com/parasites.htmhttp://www.tasteofhome.com/SearchResults.aspx?SearchPhrase=kids%20party%20foods&T=1&searchSource=hdrbox-Community

Alliea

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Thanks Alliea,

That link was a great help!

I liked the post where the foods are named...like pretzels- reindeer hoof, van. ice cream- snowball, pizza - christmas tree.

I sure would like more of those ideas there weren't many for Christmas Theme. 

~~ Julie ~~ 

False

I'd check out www.familyfun.com

do a short craft, listen to music, punch and cookies or cupcakes.

False
    Amy

I found this doing a google search:

http://www.apples4theteacher.com/holidays/christmas/party-games/index.html 

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Julie, these are a few things I have done as room mom in the past.

Provide unfrosted sugar cookies or cupcakes. Have the parents send cans of frosting, sprinkles, etc to decorate them with. The kids decorate and frost their own, you can set up the frosting and decorations at a table and let the kids go down a line.

If you are doing a gift or book exchange (we usually have a one dollar gift or a book exchange), you can have the girls bring for girls and the boys bring a boy gift. Have the kids sit in a circle and play Christmas music. Start with passing one gift at a time. When the music stops, the child holding that gift keeps it and sits down. You can do this separately for girls and boys.

If you go to the site  http://www.dltk-kids.com you can print off some cute Christmas bingo cards. We play and use Christmas m&ms for markers. Have some Christmas pencils or some other little prizes for the winners.

If you end up with more time, you could have a Christmas craft, there are good ideas on that same site. A Chrismas story book is good to read also.

Good luck. I've got to get to work planning the party for my sons kindergarten.

Terri:)  

False
    One of the most original and most enjoyed activities I organized was a life-sized CandyLand game.  Usually the children are working in small groups (6-8) at activity "stations", so this is not total chaos!Make the CandyLand path using large (11" x 14" or larger) sheets of multi-colored consruction paper.  Your teacher will probably be glad to supply this.  Print out pictures representing Candy Cane Forest, Gum Drop Mountain, etc. and paste on appropriate number of squares.  This path may actually loop around the whole classroom; or if there is not enough room, route it out into the hallway.  Leave some room between squares (a foot or so) to avoid jostling.  Using the cards from your CandyLand board game (or make your own using index cards and construction paper), the children advance according to the color and number of squares on the card you select.  When a child lands on a special square (Candy Cane Forest, Gum Drop Mountain, etc.) they receive the corresponding treat (candy cane, treat-sized box of Dots, lollipop, etc.).The first person to the end receives a small prize (Santa hat, stuffed toy, crazy straw... dollar item stuff).  Everyone receives the treats (candy cane, Dots, lollipop, etc.) at the end of the game, whether they landed on the corresponding squares or not ~ so no one feels left out!Yes The kids and other Mom's really liked this one! Snack-wise, there was a darling (and easy) Santa made using 1/2 of a graham cracker in an old issue of TOH.  The children made these themselves as one of their activities (and at them as one of their snacks.Turn the cracker on end (looks like a diamond), spread the top 1/3 with vanilla icing tinted red.  Place a marshmallow "pom pom" at the top.  Pipe a brim along red "base" to complete Santa hat.  Pipe two spots of vanilla frosting below hat and place M&Ms or chocolate chips to make eyes.  Pip another spot of vanilla frosting in center or cracker below eyes and place a red gum drop (or red M&M) for nose.  Spread vanilla frosting (white) from side "points" down to bottom "point", fill in lower third for beard.  Decorate with flaked coconut or more marshmallows.

Too cute!

False