ISO Ruby Tuesday's croutons recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO Ruby Tuesday's croutons recipe

Last post Nov 11, 2008 11:01 AM by pepperbuz . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • ISO Ruby Tuesday's croutons recipe

Does anyone have the recipe for Ruby Tuesday's croutons? I haven't tasted them, but I heard they are delicious.

Thanks,

Laura

False
  • Re: ISO Ruby Tuesday's croutons recipe

I don't know about Ruby Tuesday's croutons but this recipe Star posted makes delicious homemade croutons.

Start out by cubing your bread, any kind will do. I've used white, wheat, leftover hamburger buns, french, anything.

Then place it in a large mixing bowl and spray well with butter spray, tumbling the cubes with a spoon or your fingers. Then start sprinkling away with your spices. Tumble the bread crumbs as you sprinkle. Sometimes I use oregano, dry ranch dressing, dried onion flakes...you can use anything you like.

When the bread cubes are well saturated and spiced up, spread them on a large cookie sheet and bake at 300 until they are browned and crunchy, stirring around every so often. Some people prefer to bake them at a lower temp for a longer period of time so they get really dried out, but I'm usually in too much of a hurry for that..LOL...

Then store them in a large ziplock in the fridge. They make a great snack too, if you aren't doing low carb stuff!! LOL

I used the buttery flavored cooking spray which is much easier than using melted butter like other recipes call for, probably much less fat too. I seasoned them with Tony Cachere's Original Creole seasoning, seasoned salt, garlic and onion powder. Ooooh, tasty too. The creole seasoning adds a kick. I used half loaves of white and rye bakery bread. This is a great way to use the bakery bread instead of wasting it because it goes bad so fast. Thanks for the recipe, Star.

False

Thank you Texas! We love those things. You can use so many different spices to come up with just the flavor that you really like. I haven't been in a Ruby Tuesday's in a long time, but I seem to remember that their croutons were made from a dark bread (maybe pumpernickel?) and they're cut into large chunks, and are very crispy, so that made them stand out.

I hope that you'll give this recipe a try and that you come up witha  crouton that you really like.

Star

False

So many restaurants serve the lousiest croutons that it makes me wonder why they bother at all. Your recipe Star turns out perfect every time. Great way to use all sorts of leftover breads. Thanks again for the recipe.

I can't really remember what they were like at Ruby Tuesdays. The closest one to us is about a 40 minute drive from here and the place is generally filthy. I like their salad bar though because they aren't many restaurants that have them anymore. They keep that bar clean but the floors are generally covered with food tossed by children I'm sure. And they just don't bother to clean up. We gave up on eating there. Obviously management doesn't know how to run a comfortable place. The service is bad too and the entrees are mediocre at best. Waste of time and money to eat at that one, especially when I could give them your crouton recipe and they could learn a thing or two.Geeked

False

LOL. There are so many things that I make that I think turn out better than restaurants make that it just rubs me the wrong way to have to pay so much for inferior food. And salad bars in general kind of turn me off now days, so I steer clear generally. The last time I was at a Ruby's they served the salad at the table, but as I said, that's been probably ten years ago. But I do remember that the croutons were very good. That was before I was making my own. I think if you bought a good loaf of bakery pumpernickel, they wouldn't be hard to clone.

Again, I'm so glad you enjoy that recipe. :)

Star

False

I am trying to get it!  I can tell you this much.. Pumpernickel bread is used.  They taste sooo buttery, I have never tasted anything so delicious!!!  As soon as I get it, I will share with you!

False

There is a company called Olivia's Croutons that have the BEST, Butteriest croutons around. They are on line if you want to check them out. My friend Renee thinks they are the Ruby Tuesday croutons.

False

bump

False

bump

False

Hi Laura,

I haven't made them, but I LOVE them too. I would cut up pumpernickel bread into cubes and toss with some melted butter and sprinkle garlic salt on top before baking. Remember that they are not very hard so I would pull them a little early so they don't get too crisp! Stick out tongue

False
    FYI It's a dark honey wheat ( some places sell it as a loaf) cut into cubes, DEEP FRIED AND SPRINKLED WITH GARLIC SALT. THAT'S IT! That's why they are so crunchy yet soft in the center. YummyIdea
    False