ISO a simple jello/cool whip recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO a simple jello/cool whip recipe

Last post Dec 17, 2007 1:42 PM by gaudrey_GA . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • ISO a simple jello/cool whip recipe

I want to make a jello with cool whip mixed in and I'm not sure if I should make the jello, set and then add cool whip or mix the dry jello with the cool whip.  I know, this sounds like I've never cooked - but I really don't do jellos.  Thanks for your help. 

Pat 

False
  • Re: ISO a simple jello/cool whip recipe

I hope this helps pat

Lemon Cloud Jello Mold Ingredients

1 (6 oz.) pkg. lemon Jello 1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade
    3 c. boiling water 1 (8 oz.) carton Cool Whip

Instructions for Lemon Cloud Jello Mold

Dissolve Jell-o in boiling water and add lemonade. Refrigerate until jelly like. fold in Cool Whip and pour into a six cup mold.

Refrigerate until ready to un-mold and serve.

False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/

Heres one I've used with good results - hope this helps!

Orange Fluff/Creamsickle Dessert

1 (3 oz) pkg orange jello
    1 (3 oz) pkg vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
    2 1/2 cups water

Mix ingredients on stove, boil until syrupy, stir constantly around 10 minutes. Refrigerate until like jello about 2 hours. Beat in 8 oz. of Cool Whip and fold in 2 cans of drained mandarin oranges. An 8" square dish is what I used for this dessert. Chill until firm.

You also go very simple

Prepare 1 (3ox) box of jello (Lime would be good for the holiday)

Add 1 small can of drained crushed pineapple.

Allow to sit.  Spread top with cool whip and cut into squares.

Use a 8 in sqaure dish.

False

I use the juice from one can of pears ( heavy syrup) as part of the cold liquid to make the jello and the rest water, make the jello according to package directions otherwise.  I just let it set and then I put the jello in my mixer bowl and mix until blended enough there are not big lumps.  Then I add the cool whip and mix well with the mixer.  Add small marshmellows and you are done.  I do not like fruit in my jello, so I eat the pears for lunch or a snack. 

False

Thank you all for your replys.  This is for my 97 year old dad who is on hospice care and can only handle basic liquids.  Thought this might be a little different for him.

Pat

False

Cool Whip Jello Recipe

3 3 oz.packages lime jello (or sugar-free lime jello)

4 cups boiling water

12 oz. frozen limeade concentrate

9 oz. container low-fat Cool Whip (or sugar free Cool Whip)

Pour boiling water into a large mixing bowl. Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Add frozen limeade concentrate and stir until well blended and all of the ice crystals have dissolved. Cool in the refrigerator until thickened, but not set (about 2 to 3 hours).

Remove the Jello mixture from refrigerator and beat in the Cool Whip, a quarter-cup at a time, with a hand or stand mixer on medium speed. When all the Cool Whip has been beaten in, the mixture should be smooth. Pour it into a glass serving bowl and chill in the refrigerator until set, about 4 hours.

Serves 15-20

False

Pat, this is a very good salad and can be varied by using different flavors of gelatin. I have a friend whose 95 year old mother can't swallow solid foods. She uses this recipe and omits the cottage cheese, pineapple, peaches, and nuts. She uses 1 cup of pineapple juice with the gelatin and whipped topping and it works great. It will congeal just fine without any hot liquid. I love to make this since it goes together so easily. Hope you will try it.

Christmas Salad

1 (3 ounce) box cherry gelatin
    1 (6 ounce) box cherry gelatin
    16 ounce carton regular cottage cheese (low fat kinds make it watery)
    20 ounce can crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained well
    11 ounce can sliced peaches, cut slices in half and drain thoroughly
    1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
    16 ounce tub whipped topping

Combine well drained fruits with gelatin powder, cheese, and nuts. Fold in whipped topping. Chill well before serving. For garnish, use a spoonful of additional whipped topping and 1 teaspoon of finely crushed cherry Lifesavers on top.

False