Angel Food Cake(Mix) different flavors | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Angel Food Cake(Mix) different flavors

Last post Jan 30, 2008 1:12 PM by mallcat . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Angel Food Cake(Mix) different flavors

I am searching for different things to add to Angel Food Cake Mix to make it different flavors. Any ideas? Thanks!
    False
  • Re: Angel Food Cake(Mix) different flavors

Chocolate Angelfood 

• 1 package (18.25 ounces) angel food cake mix
  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
  • 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, grated
  • Prepare cake mix according to package directions adding cocoa to flour. In ungreased angel food cake pan, pour 1/3 of cake batter; sprinkle with grated chocolate. Repeat. Pour remaining 1/3 batter into pan. Bake according to package directions; invert cake onto cooling rack. Cool completely. Loosen cake from pan with narrow spatula or knife and gently invert onto serving platter. Serve with whipped cream.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

I found these on a website called Nancy's Kitchen.  It says you can bake in a 9x13 pan, but I never have any luck with that.  I would still use a tube pan or muffin tins.

Angel Food Cake with Variations
    WW Points: 3 Serves: 12

I box (1-Step) angel food cake
    Mix the angel food cake mix and desired flavor ingredients together and beat by hand until blended. Pour into greased 9 x 13" pan (or muffin tin) and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes (muffins bake 15-18 minutes).

Lemon -- 1 cup + 3 Tbs water, 2 Tbs lemon juice and 2 tsp grated lemon peel

Orange Citrus -- 1 cup water, 1/4 c orange juice and 2 tsp grated orange peel

Cherry -- I can (20 oz) light cherry pie filling

Black Forest -- add 1 /2 cup cocoa to Cherry version

Cotton Candy -- 1 small pkg (3.4 oz) sugar free flavored gelatin, any flavor, 1-1/4 cup water.

Margarita -- 1 cup + 2 Tbs water, 2 Tbs fresh lime juice and 1-1/2 tsp grated lime rind

Pineapple -- I can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in juice

Pina Colada -- add 1 Tbs coconut extract (and 1 Tbs rum extract, if desired) to pineapple cake directions

Pumpkin -- I can (15 oz) pumpkin, 3/4 c water, 1 Tbs vanilla & 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice (or spices for Spice Cake, below)

Spice -- 1-1/4 cup water, 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 /2 tsp ginger, 1 /2 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp ground cloves

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

Thanks soooo much these all sound great!! Now I have some options. I am on a VERY low FAT Diet and Angel Food Cake is one of the few FAT FREE Desserts I can eat!!! Thanks again
    False

Let us know which ones you try and how they are!  The chocolate one I know is yummy!

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Here's the easiest one:

1 box dry angel food cake mix

1 can (16 oz) crushed pineapple in own juice undrained.

Mix together.  Pour in bundt cake can or 13 x 9 cake pan.  Bake according to directions on package but keep an eye on it.

YUM!

False

Uh oh, now I see you already had that one.  The other can size was correct also.

Let us know how they are!

False

I have heard you can use the jello powder, but not sure how much.  I'd like to know....

piggykins

False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"

I have used maraschino cherry juice for the water and chopped up some of the cherry to put in the mix.  I also added some grated semi-sweet chocolate.  It was delicious.  Tasted like a chocolate covered cherry.  You could probably use any juice flavor and add coordinating fruit.  Lime juice with added coconut and chopped macadamia nuts would be good.  Peach juice and diced peaches.  Pineapple and coconut.  Apple juice or cider, cinnamon, or apple pie space and diced apples with walnuts.  Cranberry juice and some mandarin oranges.  Or orange juice and some dried diced cranberries.  Lemonade and add some blueberries.  The possibilities are endless.   Add a little glaize on top.  Very good. 

False