Maddymoo's Gourmet Turtle Popcorn! UN-Believably Delicious! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Maddymoo's Gourmet Turtle Popcorn! UN-Believably Delicious!

Last post Jan 21, 2008 1:52 PM by suzycreamcheese_MI . 19 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12
  • Maddymoo's Gourmet Turtle Popcorn! UN-Believably Delicious!

Find locks for your cabinets right now! Stick out tongue

Oh, my gosh. This stuff is unreal. It is absolutely awesome Maddymoo. We all loved it...my family, everyone I work with, Sydney, all the girls in the dorm with her. It's delicious. I can't say enough about it. It's a very dangerous recipe, ha. I doubled it for the Holidays so that I'd have enough to share and it was one of the most popular things I handed out.

Next time I'm going to double the caramel stuff (just because I love caramel and want more!) and only use milk chocolate. I liked the white chocolate on it fine, and generally love white chocolate on anything, but I think on this popcorn, I'd prefer just the caramel and the milk chocolate.

Thank you so much for sharing what is now going to be a standard Christmas recipe in my home.

Turtle Popcorn
    Maddymoo

Star’s note: I made this Christmas 2007. Excellent. Next time double the caramel and double the milk choc chips and leave off the white.

I am not sure if I have posted this here before but I love it. I make it at Christmas and its so simple. I work at a Gourmet Foods store and we get items similiar to this at Christmas. Well, mine is simple,and twice as good. You can make homemade caramel corn but if you are in a hurry this versian is awesome.

2 bags Poppycock with cashew,almonds and pecans
    1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted with 1 tsp. crisco
    1 cup white chocolate chips, melted with 1 tsp. crisco
    10 caramels, unwraooed and melted with a tiny drop of milk

Place poppycock on waxed paper. Drizzle with melted caramel, then both chocolates. Cool and break into pieces and bag or box up.

False
  • Re: Maddymoo's Gourmet Turtle Popcorn! UN-Believably Delicious!

Good afternoon Miss Star!  I can't believe I missed this recipe.  You or Maddymoo should have delivered it to me under my rock!  Now that I'm out I'll have to give it a try...thanks!

Pat

False

O, mannnnn...this is definitely going to have to wait until after Cozumel, lol!

Thanks, Star and Maddy!

Pat, I'm happy to see you out from underneath that rock!

Hugs!

False

Star and Maddy thanks for the recipe.  One question though....what is poppycock? We don't have it where I live....

piggykins

False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"

2 bags Poppycock with cashew,almonds and pecans

..................................................................................

Target sells it...It comes in bags or canisters in the snack area...something like Fiddle Faddle...popcorn with a glaze on it , and peanuts or other things....different kinds....They sold larger plastic containers at Christmas time....

False

bump for piggykins

False

Would it work with Fiddle Faddle? They had a whole shopping cart of it in the reduced area at the store today. I looked at it but had strength and passed it up. Whah!

This is too easy to resist.

chefly 

False

Star, I have had this copied but never tried it. Now I am going to have to! Thanks for the review~

Linda

False

star thank you for the great review and maddy for the wonderful recipe

False

Pat, you are too cute. Um, I have been pounding on that rock occasionally...I'll do better, I promise!  Try this..your son will LOVE it!

Susie, this is wonderful. I cannot say enough good about it. Once you add the caramel and chocolate and then let it cool, it literally just melts in your mouth. Awesome treat. So you gotta chuck that low carb stuff soon!

Piggy, Poppycock, as Zakons descirbed, is a candied popcorn product that comes with a variety of different nuts. Poppycock is actually a brand name, sort of like we call all tissues "Kleenex", you can use it to refer to any of those things. As Chefly says, it's very much like Fiddle Faddle, so yes, to that question, Ro, it would work fine. You would just have peanuts instead of any other more exotic nut, and the glaze on the Fiddle Faddle is not quite as rich as the one I used, but I bet it would be great anyway.  

Linda, your grandkids would inhale this. I took a whole batch to college for the girls in the dorm and had them calling me in 15 minutes saying "Man, Sydney's Mom, WHEN can you make some more???"....LOL

Salsa, you are so welcome!

The brand of Poppycock that I used I got at Walmart and I have to say, it was delicious. It was the Sam's choice Gourmet Popcorn Clusters with Roasted Almonds and Pecans and a Butter Caramel Glaze. So adding the caramel and the chocolate was just over the top delicious.

Star

False

Thanks Star, I hope they still have the Fiddle Faddle left today.Big Smile

My mouth is just watering to try a bite of this.

chefly 

False
    If you don't use the white chocolate are you going to double the  milk chocolate?
    False

I'm sorry...I stuck this little note on top of the recipe but I guess it's hard to see there:

Star’s note: I made this Christmas 2007. Excellent. Next time double the caramel and double the milk choc chips and leave off the white.

Yes, I'd double the milk chocolate, since you're replacing the white...it is really the perfect amount of "chocolate" and it would need that much to really make good coverage, not to mention I love milk chocolate..:)...Now I thought you could easily double the caramel mixture though and it wouldn't be too much, so that's what I  am going to do with that.

I hope you'll try it. Maddy has a winner here and I told her she needed to market the stuff, :)

Star

False

I was at Walmart this afternoon and saw a display of Fiddle Faddle for $1/box.   I thought of this recipe and bought four boxes.  I knew I had choc chips here so didn't buy more.  Unfortunately, I forgot that it also called for caramel.  I think I have some of those caramel baking chips...I bet those would work.  All that shopping made me tired though, so it'll have to wait.  I bought some cute Valentine's cupcake papers too.  I was thinking I could arrange them on a tray and fill with this mix for a treat for at work.  Something different. 

Pat

False

Wow! Pat, what an cool idea! That would be absolutely perfect! What a neat thing....I may have to steal that, Ladybug. I could take them to work too! Thank you.

I think the baking bits would do fine as long as you have enough,. I like a LOT of caramel. :)

Star

False