? re: Aldi's Appleton Spiral Hams | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

? re: Aldi's Appleton Spiral Hams

Last post Nov 09, 2011 5:11 AM by Alliea . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • ? re: Aldi's Appleton Spiral Hams

My cousin has told me that this is the only kind of ham that they buy now. He says they are not the least bit salty. They do it in a slow cooker and he tells me its very, very moist, too.

Can anyone tell me if these are available at Aldi's all the time or is itjust a seasonal/holiday item.

Thanks,

FG

False
  • Re: ? re: Aldi's Appleton Spiral Hams

I get aldi's Appleton hams all year long....not salty at all...Usually the larger ones are sold around the holidays... They are the best hams....I found out thru this BB...and have buying them ever since..They might sell the larger ones now too....I usually buy the small Appleton hams for slicing for sandwiches, casseroles, breakfast...juicy, cheap, not salty  and good!!!

False
    At our Aldi's they are NOT available year round. At holiday time is when I get them, Thanksgiving, Christmas and now getting close to Easter. I agree they are good hams.
    False

I just bought one of their hams (butt portion), the kind you have to bake, to have for, Thanksgiving. Does anyone have any idea where these come from? I was wondering if they are from here in America.

False

CookieCarol
    At our Aldi's they are NOT available year round.

Aldi's Appleton Spiral Hams  are not available all year round here either. They are as Carol stated mainly available at Holiday time. Very good ham at a price that is hard to beat for the flavor.I buy 3-4 a year and have got a number of co-sworkers "hooked" on them when we had them for a work function.~A

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Their ham steaks are excellent, as well.  Just grabbed one today.  It is Cook's brand, which is produced in Kansas City, MO.

False

Marilyn

The Aldi Holiday Catalog is available on line and you can type in your Zip Code for nearest store(s) , product availability and Special Deals. Some of the Special Deals are very good.~Alliea

http://www.aldi.us/index_ENU_HTML.htm

Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced Half Ham

Appleton Farms
    Spiral Sliced Half Ham

per lb.
    $1.69

• Fully cooked, pre-sliced
    • Includes glaze packet
    • 8-lb. avg. weight

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009