Peanut butter pie | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Peanut butter pie

Last post Jan 30, 2008 6:07 PM by arabella_pinky . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Peanut butter pie

I am looking for a good peanut butter pie recipe.  I had tried one that called for chocolate evaporated milk, but I lost the recipe.  Can anyone help.  I would appreciate your recipes.  Thank you. 

amyh

False
  • Re: Peanut butter pie

This is very good!Yes

Jif Decadent Peanut Butter Pie

1 prepared chocolate cookie pie crust
    1 cup Jif creamy peanut butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 8 oz cream cheese -- at room temperature
    4 1/2 cups non-dairy whipped topping -- 12 oz container
    1 jar Smuckers hot fudge topping, divided -- 11.75 oz
    2 tablespoons Smuckers hot fudge topping
    2 tablespoons Jif creamy peanut butter

Combine in a medium bowl, the peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar. Gently fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
    Spoon mixute into the pie shell. Using a spatula smooth mixture to edges of pie. Reserve 2 tablespoons of hot fudge topping and place remaininghot fudge topping into microwavve safe bowl or glass measuring cup. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir.
    Spread hot fudge topping over pie to cover the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until serving time. Just before serving, spread the remaining whipped topping (1-1/2 cups) over hot fudge layer, being careful not to mix the two layers. Place the 2 tablespoons hot fudge topping in a small bage and knead for a few seconds. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of the bag and drizzle over pie. Do the same with 2 tablespoons peanut butter going in the opposite direction of the hot fudge topping.

False

I made this pie at Christmas, it is sweet but good tasting. 

Peanut Butter Pie 

3/4 to 1 cup creamy peanut butter (depending on how much of a peanut butter taste you want)

1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese

1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar

1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust

In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar. Then stir whipped topping into peanut butter mixture. Whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.  Pour filling into pie crust and refrigerate for about 3 hours until pie is firm.   (I topped this pie with shavings from a dark chocolate candy bar.)

False

Nancy, that's not very nice to show a picture and the recipe to someones who's tummy is GROWLING.  [:'(]

I'll have to see if Michelle will make it and share it.  I'm afraid if I make it, I won't share it, I'll HIDE it.

False

At least there's no calories in a picture!Smile I made this New Year's and everyone liked it which was a good thing for me--I only got one small piece.  I wonder if it freezes well.Zip it!

False

Hard to beat this one from Star. Plus it makes 2- one for now, one for later!

Star's Wonderful Peanut Butter Pie

Makes 2 pies.. Freeze one for later, you'll want it, I promise!

8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temp

3 8 oz containers Cool Whip, thawed

12 oz smooth peanut butter..*I use Jiff

2 cups powdered sugar

2 Tbsp vanilla

2 Graham Cracker crusts

Make sure cream cheese is soft and room temp, otherwise it beads up. Does that sound like experience talking here? :).... Cream together cream cheese and 2 containers of Cool Whip with mixer on slow speed, increasing to medium. Add Peanut Butter, powdered sugar and vanilla and continue beating on medium speed until creamy. Spoon into pie crusts. Top with one half container of Cool Whip on each pie, smoothing it out to ends of pie. Cover and freeze for 3 to 4 hours. Allow to sit on counter top for 15 minutes or so before serving to soften some.

You can garnish this with chopped nuts, or chocolate shavings, or anything you like.

False