"Fruit Salad with instant vanilla pudding??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

"Fruit Salad with instant vanilla pudding???

Last post Nov 10, 2012 1:56 AM by missbetty68 . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • "Fruit Salad with instant vanilla pudding???

Anybody have such a recipe that makes the fruit salad have a creamy, smooth, saucey dressing, whatever?  Seems like it had apples and grapes and I don't know what else.  Had one long time ago and can still remember how it tasted.  I hate it when that happens!!!

Susan

False
  • Re: "Fruit Salad with instant vanilla pudding???

I found these in the advanced search:

~Jan~

Grandma's Fruit Salad

Light & Tasty

"I can't believe how easy this pretty salad is to make," says Carolyn Tomatz of Jackson, Wisconsin. The colorful blend of bananas, pineapple, pears and peaches and grapes is tossed with a creamy pudding sauce. "People of all ages enjoy this dish," Carolyn notes.

SERVINGS: 12

CATEGORY: Low Fat

METHOD:

TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling

Ingredients:

1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks

1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears, drained

1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained

1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes

1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix

2 medium firm bananas

3 tablespoons lemon juice

1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained

Directions:

Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, pears, peaches and grapes. Cover and chill.
    Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Pour into a small saucepan. Whisk in pudding mix. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside to cool to room temperature.
    Slice bananas into a small bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice; gently toss to coast. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Add bananas and cherries to chilled fruit. Add cooled pudding; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings, 1/2 cup per serving.

Pudding-Topped Fruit Salad

Reminisce Magazine

My sister shared this recipe with me. She served the fruit in wine goblets, topped with the pudding. For large groups, serve it in a big salad bowl. Either way, it's refreshing and delicious. -Michelle Masciarelli, Torrington, Connecticut

SERVINGS: 12-14

CATEGORY: Dessert

METHOD: Chill

TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling

Ingredients:

1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks

1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained

1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream

1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix

2 medium ripe bananas, sliced

2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed

2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced

2 cups sliced fresh strawberries

1 cup green grapes

1 cup seedless red grapes

Fresh mint, optional

Directions:

Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; refrigerate pineapple. Add water to juice if necessary to measure 3/4 cup. In a large bowl, combine the juice, crushed pineapple, sour cream and pudding mix until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until thickened.

In a large bowl, combine the bananas, blueberries, peaches, strawberries, grapes and pineapple chunks. Spread pudding mixture over the top. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.

Glazed Fruit Bowl

Taste of Home

This quick-to-fix fruit salad combines summer favorites such as cantaloupe, honeydew and strawberries into a refreshing side dish. You can substitute other fruits if you like. —Christine Wilson, Sellersville, Pennsylvania

SERVINGS: 25

CATEGORY: Salads

TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.

Ingredients:

2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks

2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix

2-1/2 cups orange juice

1 small cantaloupe, cubed

3-1/2 cups cubed honeydew

2 cups fresh strawberries, halved

2 cups fresh blueberries

2 cups seedless grapes

2 medium firm bananas, sliced

Directions:

Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice; set pineapple aside. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.) In a large saucepan, combine the pudding mix, pineapple juice and orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from the heat; cool.
    In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, melon, berries, grapes and bananas. Drizzle with pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 25 servings.

False

SCSG Jan blue eyed mouse siggy

~~The most important things in life aren't things!~~ 

This is easy and great for breakfast, brunch , dessert or afternoon snack..
    Easy....
    Fresh Fruit Bowl

Sliced strawberries
    grapes ..whole
    1 can mandarin oranges...drained
    sliced bananas
    1 can chunk pineapple, drained
    cantalope....cut in chunks

(ANY FRESH FRUIT YOU WANT, but not watermelon)

Put the fruit in a large bowl and coat with vanilla yogurt...just a coating...yum

OR...

Coat the fruit instead with strawberry glaze...Again a thin coating of the glaze..Make your own or get the glaze at the grocery store, sometimes in the vegetable dept. or sometimes in jars on the shelves)

I keep a bowl of this in the fridge all throughout the summer...

Very quick and refreshing or makes a nice dessert!!
    False
    Judy's Fruit Salad
    (Like the deli Hawaiian Salad)

6 oz. cream cheese
    1 cup mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
    3 1/2 c. fruit cocktail ,well drained
    1/2 c. marachino Cherries, drained,cut
    2 1/2 c. tiny marshmallows
    1 c. whipping cream ...whipped
    Bananas (4 or 5) sliced
    Manderine oranges...drained
    Sm. can pineapple tidbits, or chunks

Soften cream cheese, blend with mayonnaise. Stir in fruit, marshmallows. Fold in "whipped" cream
    Tint with a few drops of food coloring if desired.

Tastes like the deli Hawaiian salad..Always a hit...
    False

Just mix up what ever fruit you want, include some canned fruit and the juices.  Sprinkle the DRY instant vanilla pudding mix over and stir.  Easy Easy!!  :)

False

Thanks for the great recipes!!

False

I have one that I make that my DH just loves.  It is very simple but tastes very good.  You use 1 large can of fruit cocktail with juice and mix that with the instant vanilla pudding (the small box) then you add a small container (I think it is 8 oz.) of cool whip.  That's it...very simple.  Of course with the fruit cocktail you could add extra mandarin oranges, cherries, etc.

Colleen

False

This recipe is super easy!

Combine the following 3 ingredients in a lg bowl mix well

1 lg can Pineappe Chunks (undrained)

1 can Mandarin Oranges (undrained)

1 lg Banana or 2 sml Bananas sliced

Add in and mix throughly

1 lg package Instant Vanilla Pudding

Mix in 1 cup of Sour Cream

Add in the following:

1 Cup Coconut Flakes

1 Cup Mini Marshmellows (the multi colored ones are fun)

Mix well and chill 2 hours, eat and enjoy

False

The pudding topped fruit salad posted above is wonderful.  I made it for a potluck and it was devoured very quickly.

False
    I've posted this review elsewhere, but I want to thank whoever posted "Reminisce Magazine"--now I know what editor to write up to tell them what a disgusting "pudding" recipe this is. The pudding-topped fruit salad is a great recipe--if you want to induce a diabetic coma in your guests. I dunno, maybe you're hosting your worst enemy for dessert. Otherwise--stay clear. The pudding part is the worst recipe I've ever tried. Complete waste of time and money, which I could have used buying some pre-made custard that wouldn't be absolutely disgusting. I let this "pudding" sit for 4 hours in my fridge after making it as directed. It never thickened; it stayed a runny mess. The ingredients never quite mix together; the pineapple juice just kind of sits on top. When I tried it, I almost threw up it was so sweet. In an ultimately vain attempt to thicken it up, I tried putting in another package of pudding. Another waste of money. There just is no saving this crap. It has the consistency of baby poop and a sickeningly sweet taste that would disgust even the most non-discerning small child.
    False

My mother in law makes a friut salad just like your describing. The friuts are watermelon, honeydew, apples, grapes, mandarins, banannas and marichino cherries.  The sauce is a small package of instant vanilla pudding mixed with a cup and a half of milk and half of a 6oz. can of frozen concentrated orange juice for one to two minutes. Then mix in 3/4 C. sour cream.  Serve the sauce over the friut.  It is absolutely delightful.

False

• 1 (29 ounce) can peach slices, undrained

• 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained

• 1 (3 1/8 ounce) box dry vanilla instant pudding mix

• 1 lb strawberry, stemmed and quartered

• 1 banana, sliced

• 1/2 pint blueberries

• 1 bunch grapes (I use the red ones)

• 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (optional)

Directions:

In large bowl, combine peaches, pineapple, and vanilla pudding mix.

This includes the juices from cans. Mix well until pudding is dissolved

Stir in strawberry, banana, blueberries, grapes, and sugar if desired

Chill

False