ISO Cinnamon Streusel Bundt Cake recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO Cinnamon Streusel Bundt Cake recipe

Last post Nov 18, 2008 6:34 PM by walkerjan_WI . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • ISO Cinnamon Streusel Bundt Cake recipe

Does anyone have a good one...that is made from scratch preferably?  I usually buy the Betty Crocker ones (shame on me).....but would like to make my own.  I would appreciate any help.

False
  • Re: ISO Cinnamon Streusel Bundt Cake recipe

Bumping just in case someone has this recipe for me.   Thank you Sad

False

Found this one. I haven't made it.

Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake

Makes 14 servings
    Michelle Eder of Grand Rapids, Michigan

1 cup chopped walnuts                                          
        1/2 cup packed brown sugar                                     
        2 tablespoons butter or margarine -- melted                    
        1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon                                   
        Coffee Cake:                                                   
        1 cup butter or margarine -- softened                          
        1 3/4 cups sugar                                               
        4 eggs -- separated                                            
        1 teaspoon vanilla extract                                     
        3 cups all-purpose flour                                       
        2 teaspoons baking powder                                      
        1/2 teaspoon baking soda                                       
        1/4 teaspoon salt                                              
        1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream                                      
        2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar                               

In a small bowl, combine the nuts, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed ingredients alternately with sour cream. In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle with nut mixture. Pour in remaining batter. Bake at 350' for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.

Source: "Taste of Home's Light & Tasty (May/June 2004)" S(Formatted by): "Moonchild2488" Copyright: "2004 Reiman Media Group, Inc." - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 466 Calories; 25g Fat (47.3% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 55g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 336mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 4 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

False

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

Blessings & Love ~~ Linda

False
    Unfortunately I don't have a good cinnamon streusel recipe but I do have some other good bundt cake recipes. Hope this helps!

Hillary
    Chew on That
    Recipe4Living
    False
    Hillary Recipe4Living.com

Linda, I have not made this cake.
    I have two more recipes I'll post later for you.

Apple Streusel Cake

Cake Batter:

3/4 c. butter or margarine, softened

1 c. sugar

3 eggs

1 c. sour cream

1 t. vanilla

3 c. flour

1/4 t. salt

4 t. baking powder

2 apples, peeled and sliced

2 T. apple jelly

Streusel:

1/2 c. flour

1/4 t. baking powder

2 t. cinnamon

3/4 c. brown sugar

2 T. butter or margarine, softened

1/4 c. finely chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350º.

Mix streusel ingredients in small bowl; set aside.

Cream butter with sugar in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, then sour cream and vanilla.

In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking powder. Beat into creamed mixture.

Pour half the batter into a greased and floured 10" tube pan or 12 cup bundt pan. Sprinkle with half the streusel. Lay the apple slices on top and dot with apple jelly. Pour remaining batter over apple slices and sprinkle with the remaining streusel. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. On a wire rack cool cake in pan 10 to 15 minutes; turn out on wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling.

Serves 16.

False

Put On A Happy Face

I get compliments on this recipe everytime I make it.  It is originally from Taste of Home Mag.

CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE   

1 c. butter or margarine, softened

2 ¾ cups sugar, divided

4 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla

3 c. flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

2 c. (16 oz) sour cream

2 T. cinnamon

½ c. chopped walnuts

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add vanilla, mix well.  Add the dry ingredients (except the cinnamon & walnuts) alternately with the sour cream.

Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.

Combine the remaining ¾ cup sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts.  Sprinkle a third of this over the batter in the pan.

Repeat layers twice.

Bake at 350 for 65—70 minutes or until it tests done.

Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

False

Streusel Coffecake

Cake Batter:

3/4 c. butter, softened (use butter not margarine)

1-1/2 c. sugar

3 eggs

2 t. vanilla

2 c. sour cream

3 c. flour

1-1/2 t. baking powder

1-1/2 t. baking soda

1/4 t. salt

Filling:

3/4 c. brown sugar

1-1/2 T. cinnamon

1-1/2 T. cocoa (sift if lumpy)

3/4 c. raisins

3/4 chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350º.

Mix filling ingredients in small bowl; set aside

Cream butter with sugar in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, then sour cream and vanilla.

In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Beat into creamed mixture just until moistened.

Greased and floured a 10" tube pan or 12 cup bundt pan. Make layers of batter and filling, beginning and ending with batter. You should have five layers of batter and 4 layers of filling.

Bake 1-1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. On a wire rack cool cake in pan 10 to 15 minutes; turn out on wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling.

Serves 16.

False

Put On A Happy Face

This is a favorite coffee cake of ours.  Everyone who has ever had it likes it, and many asked for the recipe.  I never made it in a bundt pan, but I suppose you could.  I usually use walnuts instead of pecans, and always double the topping.  It really is good!  It comes from the book that came with my Osterizer blender that I got over 30 years ago.  Now I make it in the food processor, it's just easier.  I found that if you chop up the nuts in the food processor (not too fine) and leave a little bit of them in to mix with the batter, it really improves the flavor with little bits of nuts throughout the cake.

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Topping:1 C pecans chopped small   1/3 C brown sugar¼ C melted butter1 t cinnamon¼ C white sugarMix well and set asideCake:2 C sifted flour½ C soft shortening1 t baking powder1 C sugar1 t baking soda1 t vanilla extract½ t salt1 C sour cream2 eggsHeat oven to 350*.  Grease 9” spring form pan well.  Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into mixing bowl.  Put eggs, shortening, sugar and vanilla into bowl and mix until smooth.  Gradually add half the sour cream and half the flour mixture.  Mix until smooth.  Repeat with remaining sour cream and flour.Put half the cake batter into prepared pan, top with half the topping mixture, spreading as evenly as possible.  Repeat with remaining batter and topping.  Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.  Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.

False

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    -Will Rogers

I don't know why the recipe I just posted came out like this!!!!  When I looked at the preview, the ingredients were in a nice column and very readable.  Oh well.

False

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    -Will Rogers

Coconut Swirl Pecan Cake

Cake Batter:

1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened

1 c. sugar

2 eggs

3/4 c. sour cream

1 t. vanilla

1/3 c. coconut rum liqueur

2 c. flour

1 t. baking powder

3/4 t. baking soda

1/2 t. nutmeg

1/4 t. salt

Nut Filling:

1/3 c. coarsely chopped pecans

1/3 c. brown sugar

1/4 t. cinnamon

1/4 t. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350º.

Cream butter with sugar in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, then sour cream, vanilla, and liqueur.

In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Beat into the creamed mixture. Turn one-third of the batter into a greased and floured tube pan. Sprinkle with half the nut filling. Repeat the layers, and end with the final third of the batter, spreading it evenly.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. On a wire rack cool cake in pan 10 to 15 minutes; turn out on wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling.

Cake can be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Serves 10 to 12.

False

Put On A Happy Face

Thank you everyone...these recipes all look awesome.  I will be trying them all, but it will take me a little while.  recipefreak_OH...I tried your recipe yesterday and it was awesome...thank you so much.  It was so good we ate a whole half of the cake !!! 

Again, thanks everyone....I sure appreciate all the good recipes.  That coconut one looks great as does the apple one...oh heck, they all look so good. 

Blessings & Love ~~ Linda

False

This is the one we make, it is easy and moist and a bundt cake, too

Cinnamon Bundt Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
    4 eggs
    1 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    3/4 cup hot water
    1 small box instant vanilla pudding
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon butter extract
    1 3/4 cup chopped pecans
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    2 teaspoons cinnamon

Mix all ingredients except the sugar, cinnamon and chopped pecans.

Combine separately the sugar, cinnamon and 3/4 cup of the pecans.

Grease the inside of a Bundt pan and press remaining pecans onto all inside surfaces. Alternate the batter and cinnamon

mixture in the Bundt pan, starting and ending with the batter. Bake at 300 degrees F for about 50 minutes.

False
    Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time & sometimes you weep.

These sound wonderful.  Bumping up until I have time to copy them!!  Thanks for the recipes!!  I'm definately a cinnamon girl!

Janet

False