Need Help With Cooks Essentials Pressure Cooker | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need Help With Cooks Essentials Pressure Cooker

Last post Mar 17, 2008 11:44 AM by sande_lee . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Need Help With Cooks Essentials Pressure Cooker

I bought a 5 qt. Cooks Essentials Pressure Cooker over a year ago and have never used it yet.

I took it out a while ago and read all the instructions so I can start using it.  

How do you remove the Anti-Blocking Case?   It says to pull up to remove, but I tried that and it won't budge.   Once it is removed are you suppose to leave it off or do you remove it to clean it and put it back on?.   I am not understanding some of these instructions.  

If you have one of these can you please help me.   I really would like to start using it.   Thanks.

False
  • Re: Need Help With Cooks Essentials Pressure Cooker

I thought for sure there were people here that had the Cooks Essentials Pressure Cooker.  

False

Hi,, I had a very old Cooks Essentials pressure cooker and have been trying to reason why I really do  need the new one they just had on the other day,  maybe John Wolverine has one.  hope you get some help....Shirley

False

Call QVC and ask the if no one knows.

False
    Ilene

There is a Yahoo group for pressure cookers and they can usually answer most everything.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PressureCookerRecipes/messages

False

I've had an 8 qt CE for a couple of years and love it, but I'm sorry, I don't know what an anti-blocking case is. That Yahoo group can probably help you or "help" on QVC...

~~susie.

False

Marie.....I hope I can help you some. I also purchased the same Pressure Cooker as you & let it sit in my cabinet for several months because the instructions overwhelmed me.

Two weeks ago I thought to myself, this is rediculous, paying that much for something i wanted & not using it, so i started over.

Take it one step at a time Marie & you will be pleased you did. The *Anti-Blocking Case.....You were probably like me & afraid you would break something. I think it only needs to be cleaned occasionally. Take your damp dishrag & pull up on it, it will come off, then can be snaped back into place. Don't be afraid of breaking it. I did NOT try to lift off the *Pressure Regulator Knob*. I think it is just showing in the picture what it is.

I would suggest, on page 5 of your instruction book, start with *How To Operate Using Pressure Setting*     I started by cooking some Chicken Breast's & yesterday a Pork Roast. I used the *Brown Setting* then added liquid & pressure cooked it. It turned out great!

Once you use it a couple of times Marie, you will be hooked!.....lol.....Good Luck & let me know how you done.   ~Sande~

False