ISO Recipe For Pork Chops Using Panko Bread Crumbs | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO Recipe For Pork Chops Using Panko Bread Crumbs

Last post Feb 13, 2012 9:08 AM by c3clark . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • ISO Recipe For Pork Chops Using Panko Bread Crumbs

I just bought some Panko bread crumbs and haven't used them but once on some fish. I would like to use them on pork chops today. Does anyone have a recipe or just a suggestion?

False
    Click for Red House, West Virginia Forecast Bailey
  • Re: ISO Recipe For Pork Chops Using Panko Bread Crumbs

Type "breaded pork chops" (without the quotes) into the Search box at the top of this page. You'll get hundreds of recipes from Taste of Home, each one kitchen-tested by our Home Economists. 

False

ZeeRN_PA posted this

6 boneless pork chops

Mix together well, for dipping pork chops:
    2 egg whites
    2 tsp cornstarch
    2 TBL lemon juice

Crumb Mixture:
    1+ cup Panko breadcrumbs
    1 tsp garlic salt
    1/2+ tsp. onion powder
    1 TBL parsley flakes (or more, I didn't measure)

Dip pork chops in egg white mix, then in breadcrumbs to coat well. Let air dry for 20-30 minutes. Brown both sides in 3 TBL (or more, as needed) olive oil.

I transferred the chops to a baking dish (because I wasn't sure my skillet was oven-proof) and then baked them for 15 minutes at 450.

Wonderful! I love those breadcrumbs!

False
    Kathleen

I love panko bread crumbs.  I've mixed them with shake & bake for pork before and it added a nice crispy crust and I didn't have to fry them.

I've dipped pork chops in flour, then egg, then panko's and fried them. I do chicken tenders this way also (far more often than I should!).  Season the meat with salt and lime pepper first.  Very, very good. 

Suziee 

False

Today I used egg, flour and the Pankos and baked them in a 425 oven. I didn't like them at all. The next time I will do as you say. Fry them and the put in the oven; or just fry them. They didn't brown and were a little dry. Thanks for the recipes.

False
    Click for Red House, West Virginia Forecast Bailey

I always use panko bread crumbs on my pork chops.  I take 1/2 inch chops and pound them thin.  Dip in beaten egg and coat with the panko crumbs.  I then fry them in a skillet with canola oil.

False

For a healthier version, bake them in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Check for 150-155 degrees in the middle of the pork chop with an instant reading thermometer. If you line a low height pan with foil, you will have less clean-up to do than with frying. I add salt, pepper, dried thyme and, of course, garlic to my Panko. Your mileage may vary. Grin.

False

We like this one a lot.  Rub some mayo on both sides of the chop, season with salt and pepper and then dip in bread crumbs or panko.  Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes.  The pork chops come out really moist.

carole

False

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    -Will Rogers