3 ingredient cheesecake??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

3 ingredient cheesecake???

Last post Mar 31, 2008 1:10 PM by carol1229 . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • 3 ingredient cheesecake???

Goodmorning ladies,

Did anyone happen to see the cheesecake recipe that Paula Deen prepared on her show last week.

It consisted of only 3 ingredients and I thought I would remember but alas, I don't. It seemed very

easy to whip up and let set in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Can anyone help me out. Thanks

False
  • Re: 3 ingredient cheesecake???

I didn't see that show, and I couldn't find a recipe that seemed to be it on FoodNetwork.  But, I've done no bake cheesecakes before that are really easy with cream cheese and coolwhip and then a flavoring.  I'll try to find one of my recipes and maybe you can base something off of it.

Amy

False

OK, this has more than three ingredients because it has the crust in there.  I just use a purchased graham cracker crust.  You can change up the flavor by changing the jello mixture.  Very good~I used to make this with all types of variations all the time.  Hope this helps! 

I have also done this with instant pudding, whisk it up with milk, cream the cream cheese and then mix in the pudding before it's completely set up.  Fold in whipped topping and put in pie shell.  This is also completely adaptable in flavor by changing the pudding mix.  You use a full 8 oz. cream cheese though.

Amy

No Bake Lemon Cheesecake

1 cup (approximately) 12) graham crackers, chopped
    2 tablespoons fat-free margarine*
    1/2 cup boiling water
    1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
    1 package (3 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
    1 lemon
    2 cups (16 ounces) non-fat sour cream
    1 package (8 ounces) light frozen whipped topping, thawed
    Strawberries for garnish

Coarsely chop graham crackers. Combine with margarine a bowl. Press crumb mixture into bottom of springform pan. Mix boiling water and gelatin dessert powder until gelatin is dissolved. Cut cream cheese into cubes. Add to hot gelatin. Whisk until dissolved.

Zest 1 teaspoon lemon rind. Set aside. Juice lemon to get approximately 3 tablespoons of juice. Combine lemon mixture, lemon zest, lemon juice and sour cream with 10-inches Whisk in a bowl. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust.

Chill until set, about 30 minutes. Slice strawberries. Arrange on top of cheesecake.

Yield: 12 serving

False

Would this be it?

Carolyn's Jello Cheesecake

Ingredients:

1 (12-ounce) container low-fat (1%) cottage cheese

3 (0.3-ounce) box sugar free strawberry jello

2 ready-made light graham cracker crusts

1  pint  fresh strawberries, plus extra for garnish

1 (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped topping thawed

Directions:

Put cottage cheese in a blender. Make 2 boxes of the Jello, using 1 cup of hot and one cup of cold water. At once, before it jells, add to cottage cheese. Blend until smooth. Pour evenly into crust and refrigerate until set. Cut up fruit and place on top of pie. Make up remaining package Jello per instructions on box. Pour it on top of fruit and put it in refrigerator until set. Put whipped topping on top. Garnish with more fruit.

Yield: 12 servings

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Inactive Prep Time: about 3 hours

Ease of preparation: Easy

Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen

http://www.pauladeen.com/recipe_view/430

ViolaB 

False

I think this might be the one you're talking about....at least I hope so!!!!

Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
    Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
    1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
    1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled

In either a stand mixer fixed with a paddle attachment or using a hand held electric mixer, cream the cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly add the milk mixing on low speed until well combined. Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla and pour into the crust. Place the pie into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours up to overnight, until well chilled and set.

Top the pie with the pie filling just before serving.

False