HOW DO YOU SERVE SANGRIA? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HOW DO YOU SERVE SANGRIA?

Last post Feb 17, 2011 1:54 PM by SKHarvey . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • HOW DO YOU SERVE SANGRIA?

WITH FRUIT IN IT??

a pitcher?  or a punch bowl?

False
  • Re: HOW DO YOU SERVE SANGRIA?

Usually in a pitcher with sliced fruit.

Joyce

False

Most people use a pitcher (I do) and put fruit in it. Orange slices and berries are good as is lemon and lime slices.

False
    WEBSITE: http://mkmac4.tripod.com/ FORUM: http://doodlebug4.proboards47.com/index.cgi/ Aspire to inspire before you expire!

Depending on how much you have, you can use either.  If it's not a whole lot, I use a pitcher.  If it's for a big party, I put it in a bowl or other large server with ladle.

False

I usually serve it in a pitcher with ice and sliced fruit floating in it (oranges,lemons and limes) Depo!!!

False

I have a little trick I use for Sangria that will be sitting out awhile. I have a brand of fruit punch that I like, buy the lunch size tetra packs, and freeze them, using them, frozen, in the jug, so that when they thaw, they don't dilute the sangria, but keep it cold. This is when I am serving it casual....for presentation, I'd take a little more trouble, with decorative shapes. The tetra packs are so convenient to just toss into the freezer, and ready whenever needed.

ViolaB 

False

ViolaB what are tetra packs? I've never heard of them....

piggykins

False

"Have a piggy perfect day!"

Maybe they're just called that here. They're juice boxes....usually found at the store in bundles of 3, for about $1.50, 6 oz sizes, I think, with a little straw attached.

Like this:

VB 

False

Does anyone have a home-made recipe for Sangria?  Or what is your favorite store brand?

Thanks!

False

The prepared sangira here is horrid with really bad wine that nothing can be done with...you can tasste it...yuk...and overly sweet, and the fruit flavours are just that, fake, and bitter tasting.

It's SO easy to take a bottle of good, but cheap red wine, fruit juice, sliced fruit, refrigerate, and add sparkling water or 7 Up and ice to serve...some brandy or rum in it is also nice, and or peach schnapps, triple sec.....you know, whatever is in the cupboard!

ViolaB 

False

The idea about using frozen juice boxes is great! 

There tons of different variations on sangria...by changing the type of wine and fruit you use.  Here is a basic recipe that I use often:

1 bottle of red wine (make sure to use one that you like the taste of alone...fruit can only do so muchSmile)

1 cup of brandy

1 cup of triple sec

1 lime, sliced

1 lemon, sliced

1 orange, sliced

1 apple, chopped

optional:  lemon-lime soda

I put the fruit slices in the bottom of the pitcher and then pour in the brandy, triple sec and wine.  I put it in the refrigerator for a couple hours so all the yummy flavors can blend.  Before serving, I usually add lemon-lime soda like sprite but it is probably more traditional to leave it out.

False

Definitely needs to have some fruit in it. What I used to do: Buy a bag of frozen berries and just drop a few in each glass I was serving it in. But for help yourself service, I'd probably go for a pitcher.

Some restauants serve their sangria with sliced apples, pineapples, oranges...you name it. 

Hillary
    Recipe4Living.com

False
    Hillary Recipe4Living.com

My favorite sangria is Santos Sangria from Spain

False