Recipe - Pineapple French Toast Casserole | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe - Pineapple French Toast Casserole

Last post Apr 29, 2008 11:56 PM by twinkle30 . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Recipe - Pineapple French Toast Casserole

I would love for you to try this and tell me what you think! Please be honest...if you don't like it or preferred it made another way or have suggestions, I want to hear about it. Thanks so much!

Shannon

Pineapple French Toast Casserole

1 15 oz Can Crushed Pineapple

¼ Cup Heavy Cream

1 tsp Vanilla

3 eggs - beaten

3-5  ½ inch slices of Ciabatta Bread

½ Stick Butter – melted

2 Tbsp Cinnamon Sugar

½ Cup Heavy Cream

3 Tbsp Sugar

Mix thoroughly together the pineapple, cream, vanilla and eggs and pour into a greased 9x9 casserole dish.  Dip bread slices in butter and lay on top of the pineapple mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until top is a deep golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes. While casserole is baking, beat heavy cream, gradually adding sugar, until stiff peaks form.  When serving the casserole, top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with a bit more of the cinnamon sugar if desired.

Alternatives:

Peel, core and slice an apple and add it with the pineapple.

Try peaches! Just crush them before mixing with the other ingredients.

If you don’t have, or can’t find ciabatta bread, I’ve used regular white sandwich bread with great success.

False

I have a very difficult time deciphering the line between boredom and hunger.

• Re: Recipe - Pineapple French Toast Casserole

Shannon, this looks worth a try.  Is it an over-night casserole or just throw together & bake?  Alot of the french toast casseroles I've seen are over night deals, which is convienant, but I don't like custard...so it ends up too custardy like for me.  The ciabatta bread would be a dry bread, so it shouldn't get too soft.  I'll probably try it this weekend.  Thanks for sharing.

Sue

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Sue, I've never made this as an overnight casserole. I'm sure it could be but it's so easy, I just throw it together and put it in the oven. You'd be amazed, but regular bread doesn't go soggy on this. It toasts up all buttery and brown on the top and makes it really good. I'm looking forward to hearing from you after you've tried it!

Shannon

False

Giving this a bump for tonight's crowd. Anyone else willing to try this and give me their opinion? Hope so!

Shannon

False

thank you very much shannon - this sounds wonderful - twinkle

False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/