Homemade raspberry pie filling | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Homemade raspberry pie filling

Last post Apr 30, 2008 8:01 AM by AlabamaNeeNee . 1 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
  • Homemade raspberry pie filling

Does anyone have a recipe for homemade raspberry pie filling?  I have quite a few recipes that call for it and lots of raspberries and would like to make my own.  Thank you.

False
  • Re: Homemade raspberry pie filling

RE: Raspberry Pie

Frostqt, this is a recipe I've been using since the dinosaur days. I got it off the back of a crisco can. Hope it helps!
    Charli

Raspberry Pie

8 Servings

1 Double Pie Crust
    FILLING
    4 cups fresh or frozen and partially thawed raspberries
    1 -1/4 cups sugar
    1/4 cup cornstarch
    2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
    Dash salt

For crust: Roll and press bottom crust into 9-inch pie plate.

Do not bake

. Heat oven to 350ºF.

For filling, combine raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, butter and salt. Toss gently.

Spoon into unbaked pie crust.

Moisten pastry edge with water.
    Roll top crust same as bottom. Lift onto filled pie. Trim 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate.
    Fold top edge under bottom crust. Flute. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
    Bake at 350ºF for 1 hour or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown.

Cool to room temperature before serving.

02-21-2007 7:09 PM In reply to

RE: Raspberry Pie Filling

Boy, does that sound good! How about the recipe!? Pretty please.... I'll give you my recipe for strawberry pie. I got the recipe off my local radio station. I've used it and it has never failed me! The recipe as I said is for strawberry, but the person who gave this said it is good with raspberry also. Try it!

Strawberry Pie
    1 9-inch baked Pie Shell or Graham cracker Crust
    4 cups sliced Strawberries*
    3/4 cup Sugar
    2 tablespoons Corn Starch
    1 1/2 cups Water
    1 (3-ounce) pkg Strawberry Jello**
    In a saucepan over low heat, combine the water, sugar and corn starch. cook until clear or no longer milky looking from the corn starch. Remove from heat and stir in jello. Cool completely. Pour into pie shell and chill.

* use 4 cups Raspberries
    **use Raspberry Jello

Note: You can use frozen, presweetened raspberries. Thaw and use juice plus water to equal water amount. If using taste for sweetness as you may have to decrease the above amount of sugar.

This is easy and delicious!

"Have a piggy perfect day!"

04-01-2008 11:33 AM In reply to

Re: ISO ways to use frozen raspberries

Here is an excellent Raspberry Pie recipe:

Raspberry Pie

Ingredients

1 9-inch graham cracker pie shell
    1/4 C. cold water
    1 envelope unflavored gelatin
    2 2/3 C. fresh raspberries or 2 10-oz. packages frozen, defrosted with water pressed out
    1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
    8 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1/3 C. confectioner's sugar
    1-2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
    2/3 C. heavy cream

Directions

Place water in a heatproof glass-measuring cup. Sprinkle the gelatin in water and place cup in a saucepan with 1" of hot water. Allow gelatin to sit until completely dissolved. Place raspberries in a food processor or blender and puree. Stir in vanilla. Combine cream cheese and confectioner's sugar together in a bowl and mix well. Add raspberry puree to the cream cheese mixture and beat with a hand mixer. Stir in one tsp. of the dissolved gelatin and 1-2 tsp of lemon juice or to taste. Add 2/3 C. heavy cream and continue beating. Pour filling into crust and place in the refrigerator for several hours or until set before serving. Just before serving, top with whipped cream.

False