does anyone have recipe for the white cheese sauce served in mexican restraurants? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

does anyone have recipe for the white cheese sauce served in mexican restraurants?

Last post Dec 10, 2009 3:12 PM by HiOnLife . 26 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) 12
  • RE: does anyone have recipe for the white cheese sauce served in mexican restraurants?
    bump!
    False
  • RE: does anyone have recipe for the white cheese sauce served in mexican restraurants?
    These look so good! My family loves any kind of mexican food!! Thanks for bumping up again. Lnzpooper
    False
    bump
    False
  • Re: RE: does anyone have recipe for the white cheese sauce served in mexican restraurants?
    • Smile [:)]

I have the recipe. Big Smile

It is white american cheese and milk, that's all! The secret is the white american cheese has to be an ez melt. GORDO'S MELT is an ez melt white american cheese, the mexican restaurants use GORDOS QUESO BLANCO to make their dip. GORDOS also has the cheese dip already mixed all you do is heat it in the microwave. It comes in a square container usually in the dairy section. CHECK OUT www.gordos.cc.

False
  • Re: RE: does anyone have recipe for the white cheese sauce served in mexican restraurants?

Thanks for posting the recipes....   bdett

False

I had the white cheese dip in the square container, it is just like the real stuff you get at the mexican restaurants around the south east. Its creamy, smooth and buttery. The grandkids love it. When they come around we always have the Gordos Cheese Dip in the fridge.

False

EVERYONE, ANYONE, please clarify something for me.

I'm interested in the specifically the "white cheese sauce" found in Mexican Restaurantes in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and possibly a few border states in that area.

I lived all around the country and several places around the world, and the Mexican I get in these states is different than anywhere else...and it is NOT TexMex, but real Mexican families running the places.

I'm looking for a white cheese recipe from people who have experienced specifically a cheese sauce from this area, can anyone from that area comment specifically?

I mean honestly, there is NOTHING like it!  White cheese on everything!  I want to fire up some of THAT white cheese sauce during the Bears games this year.

HELP!

False

bumpYes

False
    Photobucket

Gordo's has a block of white cheese that gives directions on the back on how you can make the white cheese dip you get at the mexican restaurants in the SE. I believe it is called Gordo's Melt.

False
  • Re: does anyone have recipe for the white cheese sauce served in mexican restraurants?

Bump for later review. Time

False

"Disabled And Proud!" Both me and my only child are SSA Registered-Certified Disabled PWDs. I was born in the state of California, in the county of Santa Clara, in the city of San José. ***In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer. - Norwegian Proverb***

• Re: does anyone have recipe for the white cheese sauce served in mexican restraurants?

Trust me....this is it. This is the original post I did reviewing this after Maddymoo posted it originally. It includes Maddy's comments about how she got the recipe:

Maddymoo's Mexican White Cheese Dip (Like Mexican Restaurants Serve)

This is the original post I did about this dip. I have since found Land o Lakes white cheese individually wrapped at Food Lion and it works just as well, I make this a lot with just the whipping cream and the cheese, leaving out the chilis if I don't have them, and it's still delicious that way too.

We absolutely love this stuff at my house...when we wanted some, I've been buying that brand in the refrigerated section of Walmart that is very good, but sort of expensive for a small container about the size of a pimento cheese container. So I was looking forward to trying this. Just had a little bit of trouble finding the cheese, but I finally found a Walmart brand near where the regular American sliced cheese is kept. It was "sliced" but not individually wrapped, so I didnt' have any trouble cutting it up in small pieces to put into the bowl to melt.

I made this in the microwave, very easy, just stirring every minute or so. The only thing I did differently was to open a can of chipoltes with adobo sauce and put a couple of tsp of adobo in there to increase the heat quotient since the green chilis I used were not very hot. It was delicious, and tasted almost identical to the stuff you get at Mexican Restaurants.

Since Maddy originally posted this, she's come back and says that she uses the White cheese with jalapenos sometimes.

Anyway, this is wonderful stuff! It makes plenty for a get together. And remember, it will be thicker as it cools...I actually wound up putting probably 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream in mine and was afraid it would be too much, but it wasn't at all. If you couldn't find the white cheese with jalapenos, I'm sure you could use chopped jalapenos instead of the green chilis for more heat.

From Maddymoo:

I am so excited!!!!! White Queso Cheese Dip (Like Mexican restraunts)

For those of you on a never ending quest for the perfected white queso cheese dip like me..........

I went to a Mexican restauraunt we love and told the waitress how much I have tried to make a white queso dip. I have tried asiago, queso cheese and just can't crack the code. She made me promise not to tell the owners, and gave it to me. It is so simple I feel like a nut for not cracking the code sooner. This is now in my keeper files and will remain so. Its exactly perfect.

So as I hope you would all do, I am sharing.

White Queso Dip (Mexican Style)

1 pound Land o Lakes White American (I got this in the deli at Walmart) (I used Walmart brand) or she also uses White American with jalapenos

2 cans small diced green chilis. undrained

1/2 cup- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, depending on thickness of dip you like

Simmer all on the stove in a saucepan until smooth. (I heated mine in the microwave, stirring every minute or so until melted)

This is fabulous!!

As soon as you try it, you'll be completely hooked. It's delicious stuff!

False

I just had to bump this for her - I see she hasn't been here since last month but hopefully she will check in and find this recipe.  I totally agree with Star on this - since Maddymoo posted this, it's the only cheese sauce I make now.....so easy AND delicious!   A definite keeper!

False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields