Need recipes for a 5 lb leg of lamb | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need recipes for a 5 lb leg of lamb

Last post May 30, 2008 12:59 PM by hmarshak . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Need recipes for a 5 lb leg of lamb

I found a real good special on a leg of lamb.  I have not cooked this is years.  Looking forward for some real good recipes off of the board.  Nothing too.....fancy, but I do some mint jelly  Thanks GailSmile

False
  • Re: Need recipes for a 5 lb leg of lamb

My husband has cooked, baked,stewed Lamb for years now, every dish is delish, here is one that is the easiest to make and also one of our families favs and we have a very lrg fam,we hope you'll love it too, it comes out super moist & flavorful..BON APETITE!!!

1. wash lamb in a lrg bowl or pot 1/2 full with water and 3 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice.

2.Then wash meat off in 1/2 bowl of fresh water

3.Rub in 3 tablespoons of season all NOT season salt

4.Get 3 completely ripe bananas keep inside their skins place 2 banana on the bottom of tin foil then place the leg of lamb on top of them, put the last banana on top of lamb seal the foil completely around do not have any openings place in a lrg roasting pan or baking dish. Bake @ 350 for 3 hrs,open carefully when done, discard bananas, meat will be extemely moist&tasty..Yes

False

Bump Thank for responding.  I copied and pasted.  This recipes sounds real good. Thanks again Gail Smile

False

Our son loves Leg of Lamb.......this is how we do it for him.

Rinse roast with cool water, pat dry. Rub surface all over with a fresh lemon, cut in half.

Let stand just a few minutes.

Brush lamb with olive oil, and then sprinkle with coarse salt, black pepper, garlic powder and rosemary.

Roast in an open pan @ 350 degrees until desired doneness. Remove from oven, tent loosley with foil and let it stand 15-20 minutes.

False

GAAA very interesting recipe.Thanks for posting it. 

False

This is for a four pound leg, so maybe use a bit more ingredients and cook a bit longer. It's easy and Fantastic!

Leg of Lamb (4 lbs)

>

>score meat, insert slices of fresh garlic

>cover, roast 325F for about 1 hour

>

>mix:

>1/4c of dijon mustard

>1/2 c honey

>1/2 tsp rosemary

>1 tsp salt

>1/4 tsp pepper

>combine & pour over meat - roast for another 2 hours

>baste 4 - 5 times during roasting

False

This recipe is amazing: 

Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Mint and Orzo -  A classic lamb preparation, and for good reason

Click here for the recipe!

False
    Hillary Recipe4Living.com