Review of Sonic's : Island Fire Super Sonic Burger | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Review of Sonic's : Island Fire Super Sonic Burger

Last post Jun 06, 2008 11:30 AM by debster_Texas . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Review of Sonic's : Island Fire Super Sonic Burger

Jim and I got one last night and split it.  We were expecting it to have lots of flavor and some heat to it.  We were sadly disappointed.  It was okay, just not what we thought.  When I went in and got my Diet Dr. Pepper this morning I mentioned it to the gal who brought out my drink.  She said she felt the same way.

Have any of you tried this and what did you think?

Island Fire® SuperSONIC® Burger

Wish you were on a deserted island? Well, you're in luck because with SONIC®’s new Island Fire® SuperSONIC® Burger, that's exactly what you'll feel like. With its smoky cheddar and pepper jack cheese piled high on two 100% pure-beef patties, crisp bacon, lettuce, ripe tomatoes and exotic, fiery habañero sauce, you'll feel like you're relaxing on the beach, not sitting in your car. So the next time you're itching to take a tropical vacation, just drive in to SONIC® for a part sweet, part spicy Island Fire® SuperSONIC® Burger.
    False
  • Re: Review of Sonic's : Island Fire Super Sonic Burger

I haven't ordered it this year, but did last year.  I thought it was really good personally.  Maybe mine just had more sauce on it.  I just haven't had a chance to get one this year.

Micki

False
    Click for Cancun, Mexico Forecast

Really, that's interesting.

We really couldn't tell any difference it in than a bacon cheeseburger.

False

I tried it last year and felt the same way you do,disappointed.I too expected some heat but got none.Give me a Whataburger with cheese and jalapenos please. Depo!!!

False

False

I am so jealous. We dont have sonics here in NY. I love sonics burgers. I love there cherry limeade. Do you have a recipe for that?

Kristen

False

I am so jealous. We dont have sonics here in NY. I love sonics burgers. I love there cherry limeade. Do you have a recipe for that?

Kristen

False

Kristen

False

I'm sorry, I sure don't

False

This was posted by Flipper78 about four years ago.

Sonic Cherry Limeade Clone

1 cup Sprite
    1/4 cup cherry juice (Libby Juicy Juice)
    2-3 lime wedges (each wedge is 1/8 of a lime)

1. Pour Sprite into a glass over ice.
    2. Add cherry juice.
    3. Add 2-3 lime wedges, squeezing slightly before dropping each one in.
    False

I used the cherry limeade water packets that you buy at Walmart.  Mix a little at a time into a glass of Sprite until you get the flavor you like.  I used 1 packet in a 24 oz. bottle of sprite, poured it over ice and it was pretty good.  Be careful when you open the bottle if you mix it in the bottle.  It's easier to pour the sprite into a glass and then add the flavoring.

False

I too love their Cherry Limeades with extra cherry, please!  Our nearest Sonic is in the opposite direction from our usual route, so don't go there often. Thanks Dilly for posting the clone!!  

False

CK, we had the same opinion of the Island Fire Burger. I enjoyed my Ocean Water (double shot of coconut) more.

deb

False