Our 10 most popular recipes for the month delivered right to your inbox!
1 lb. boneless, skinned chicken
Salt and pepper to taste
2 T. flour
1 T. vegetable oil
1 can low sodium, 99% fat-free chicken broth
1/2 to 1 c. mushrooms Salt and pepper chicken.
Put flour in a medium-size bag and add pieces of chicken. Close the open end of the bag and shake. Flour will be evenly distributed on the meat.
Heat oil in skillet. Place floured chicken in oil and brown on both sides. Add mushrooms and broth.
Cover tightly with lid and simmer until meat is tender. Add additional water or broth if necessary.Serves 4. http://www.thatsmyhome.com" -->You will probably have enough "gravy" to serve over mashed potatoes. Dried mushrooms are delicious to use in this recipe. Let them soak in the chicken broth a few minutes before adding to the chicken in the skillet.
WW Points: 4 pt.
Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken
1 tsp. vegetable oilCooking Spray1/2 cup chopped red onion1/2 tsp. thyme1/2 tsp. salt divided4 chicken breasts1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar1/4 tsp. pepperHeat oil in nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium- high heat 'til hot. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Combine thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sprinkle over chicken. Add chicken to skillet; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/4 tsp. salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper, stirring constantly until the preserves melt.Spoon sauce over chicken. Makes 4 servings.NOTES: 4.5 WW points per serving-----------------------------------------------------
Crockpot Chicken Creole
8 each skinless chicken thighs1 cup celery, sliced1 each red bell pepper, diced1 each green bell pepper, diced1 each onion, diced4 ounces mushrooms, canned, stems and pieces ok1 teaspoon garlic powder3 packets sugar substitute1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning1/2 teaspoon paprika2 cups instant brown rice, cookedPut chicken in bottom of crockpot. add all other ingredients except rice.
Also add salt and pepper and Louisiana hot sauce to taste.
Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours.
Serve over hot cooked rice.
(4 WW PPS)
Rosemary Chicken Baked in Foil
2 1/2 pounds chicken1 teaspoon rosemary3 each cloves garlic, smashed1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil1 each onion, sliced2 each carrots, peeled and thinly sliced2 each celery ribs, divided4 each red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered3 Tablespoons waterPreheat oven to 450.
Season inside of chicken liberally with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon rosemary inside cavity. Add 2 garlic cloves. Tie chicken legs together.
Place chicken on double sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil 24 inches long. Rub skin with remaining garlic. Brush olive oil all over outside of chicken. Season with salt and pepper and remaining rosemary.
Scatter veggies around chicken. Season vegetables with salt and pepper and sprinkle with water.
Bring 2 long sides of foil together over chicken. Fold over twice and pinch to seal. Fold and pinch 2 short ends, leaving package as tented as possible.
Place in oven and bake 50 to 60 minutes or until juices near thigh joint run clear when pricked with fork. Serve chicken with veggies and pan juices.
Yield: 6 servings. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 bread, 3 1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 fat. Also: 366 calories, 23 g fat (6 sat fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 14 g carb, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein, 119 mg sodium, 694 potassium.
9 WW PPS
Parmesan Chicken Fingers
1/3 cup buttermilk - or 1/3 cup skim milk + 2 teaspoons vinegar
1 clove garlic - chopped
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves-cut in 1/2" strips
20 nonfat saltine crackers - crushed
1 teaspoon paprika - 1/2" cubes
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese http://www.thatsmyhome.com" -->Stir together buttermilk and garlic in a large bowl. Add chicken; toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Heat oven to 450° F.
Prepare coating: Combine cracker crumbs, paprika, salt, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan in a pie plate.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat with a nonstick cooking spray.
Drain chicken; dip in coating, tossing to coat. Arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
Bake chicken in heated 450° F. oven 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.Serves 4.Per serving: 250 Calories (kcal); 3g Total Fat; (10% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 71mg Cholesterol; 570mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
WW Points: 5 pt.
Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes
thanks, i'm on weight watchers and am always on the lookout for more recipes. i'll copy this and save it. treasa
Honey Mustard Drumsticks
From Weight Watchers Slim Ways with Chicken
Makes 4 servings
1/4 cup Dijon style mustard
2 Tablespoons + 2 tsp honey
2 Tablespoons apple cider
four 6 ounce chicken drumsticks, skinned
1/3 cup + 2 tsp plain dried bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried mustard
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1. preheat oven to 375. Line large baking sheet with foil, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. in large bowl, combine Dijon, honey, and cider; remove and set aside 1/4 cup of mixture. To remaining mixture, add chicken, tossing well to coat thoroughly.
3. Ina gallon sized zip lock bag, combine bread crumbs, dry mustard, salt and ginger. Seal bag and shake to blend. Add 1 drumstick; seal bag and shake to coat. Place drumstick on baking dish. Repeat with remaining drumsticks.
4. Bake chicken 20 minutes; turn carefully. Bake 10-15 minutes longer, until cooked through and juices run clear. Serve with reserved mustard mixture as a dip.
Each serving: 3 proteins; 1/2 bread; 45 optional calories
per serving: 256 calories, 25 g protein, 7 g fat, 22 g carbohydrate, 38 mg calcium, 893 mg sodium, 79 mg cholesterol, 0 g dietary fiber.
From Weight Watchers Slim ways Chicken
1/4 cup (2 fluid ounces) dry red wine
1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 Tablespoons minced scallions
1 Tablespoon + 1 tsp vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon ground all spice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp nutmeg
four 4 ounce skinless boneless chicken breasts
1. in small bowl combine wine, jalapeno, scallions, oil, allspice, garlic, coriander, cinnamon, soysauce and nutmet, mixing to form a paste. Rub chicken evenly with seasoning paste; refrigerate,covered, at least 8 hours or overnight.
2. preheat broiler. Broil chicken 6" from heat, 3 1/2 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
1 Fat, 3 proteins, 15 optional calories
184 calores, 26g protein, 6 g fat, 2 g carbohydrates, 33 mg calcium, 102 mg sodium, 66 mg cholesterol, 0 g dietarty fiber.
Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers
from Weight Watchers Slim ways Chicken
10 oz ground chicken
1 cup chopped scallions
1 1/2 ounces blue chesse, crumbled
3 Tbsp plain dried bread crumbs
2 tsp Dijon style mustard
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 lettuce leaves
four 1 ouce pitas, splt and toasted
1. preheat broiler. Spray rack in broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine chicken, scallions, blue cheese, bread crumbs, Dijon mustard, and pepper. Shape evenly into 4 patties. Place patties on prepared rack. Broil 4" from heat 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
3. To serve, layer 1 lettuce leaf and 1 patty on 1 pita half; top with other half. Repeat making 4 burgers.
per serving: 259 calories, 18 g protein, 10 g fat, 22 g carbohydrate; 134 mg calcium; 481 mg sodium, 67 mg cholesterol; 1 g dietary fiber
Here is a good one for summer meals!
Thai Chicken Salad Makes 4 servings
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 Tablespoons Asian fish sauce
2 Tablepoons Ketchup
1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 cups romaine lettuse
3 ounces spaghetti, cooked drained and rinsed
1 medium kirby cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1/2 ounce coarsely chopped dry roasted unsalted peanuts
1. in large salad bowl, with wire whisk, combine lime juice, fish sauce, ketchup and sugar, blending until sugar is dissolved. In medium bowl, combine chicken and 2 tablespoons lime juice mixture, tossing well to coat thoroughly; refrigerate chicken and remaining lime juice mixture, covered, 1 hour or overnight.
2. preheat broiler.
3. Broil chicken breasts 6 inches from heat, 3 1/2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from broiler; set aside to cool slightly.
4. Slice chicken thinly on the diagonal; add to remaining lime juice mixture, tossing well to coat thoroughly. Add lettuce, spaghetti, cucumber and mint; toss to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts.
230 calories, 22 g protein, 4 g fat, 26 g carbohydrate; 45 mg calcium, 144 mg sodium (does not include Asian fish sauce); 41 mg cholesterol, 2 g dietary fiber
Here is another to try. YUM!
Chicken Saute with Riesling
© RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC 2014