HOW LONG CAN BROWNIES KEEP FOR? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HOW LONG CAN BROWNIES KEEP FOR?

Last post May 27, 2004 5:51 PM by dowie . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • HOW LONG CAN BROWNIES KEEP FOR?
    I've been invited to a get together for this saturday, so as my way of saying thanks for inviting me, im making chocolate chip brownies. It is saturday night; i want to make them tonight; will they keep for 2 or 2-1/2 days, and still be good?

Thanks for any help with this!

Aims62
    False
  • RE: HOW LONG CAN BROWNIES KEEP FOR?
    You could always bake them and store them in the freezer until Saturday. That way they'll stay fresh. Just take them out early enough that they thaw out completely!
    False
    I just read on another post that it's better not to eat them the first day. They are better the next day. So baking them today should be fine.
    It also said to mix the batter and stick the pan in the fridge for a couple of days before baking, and they turned out better, so you might want to try that.
    False
    I'd say they'd stay fine as long as they were wrapped up very well. :)
    False
    I have no idea; they don't have a chance to get stale at my house!
    False
    They don't go stale here either MissEllie.

False
    dowie , really can you do that,

Have to tell you something , I still the 2nd half of fruitcake cookies(indgredients) from Xmas, cause I did not have time to make for us, just for a friend, I just told dh, that I may type this out, he Roarrrr., he loves the cookies, and is dying to eat them ,but since I so busy peeling out recipes from BB, not time to Bake, *wink..............

Paula
    False
    Paula - I have never tried this, but just read it on a post here called "Brownies - great tips from AJC article".
    I could never mix them, stick them in the fridge a few days, then bake and wait till the next day to eat them!! No way - not in this house!!
    False