ISO Recipe for Finger Sandwiches for baby shower and other menu ideas | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO Recipe for Finger Sandwiches for baby shower and other menu ideas

Last post Jun 27, 2008 3:46 PM by ScottsGrace . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • ISO Recipe for Finger Sandwiches for baby shower and other menu ideas

I am hosting a baby shower in August.  I am wanting to serve a light buffet lunch.  I would love to have some recipes for simple finger sandwiches.  As well as any other items that could be included.

Thanks so much for your help.

Lisa

False
  • Re: ISO Recipe for Finger Sandwiches for baby shower and other menu ideas

This post may be Helpful.

We also  especially  like Chicken Salad  and Egg Salad on Mini Croissants.

http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/t/333048.aspx?PageIndex=1

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Varieties of Tortilla Rollups are Big favorites. The fillings are numerous and  versatile and the size can be adjusted to your preference, They are also easy, tasty and quite economical in most cases.

http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/p/27685/645297.aspx#645297

False

http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/p/360455/361806.aspx#361806

Baby shower idea post for you.

False

Posted by: Alliea Posted on: 12/14/2006 5:29:07 AM
    #R8468871
    We love these...........  Pretty and Popular!

Martha Stewart's Sausage Roll

Roll out PEPPERIDGE FARM puff pastry sheet to 15 X 9, Cut into 3 strips each 3 inches wide .

Cut Jimmy Dean Maple flavored (or your favorite flavor) 1 lb Sausage into 3 pieces Roll each piece into a "rope" shape the length of the pastry.

Roll 1 pastry slice around each sausage rope.Cut into 1/2 inch slices.

Bake at 400 12 minutes.

This not only look elegant but make quite a few for the cost. They are warm, flaky with just a little sweetness or spiciness depending on the sausage you use.

I sometimes serve with a mustard dipping sauce or a sweet and sour sauce in the center of a platter with the flaky rolls surrounding.Very pretty on a platter, never have any left.

Alliea

False

This was posted by katemarie_ia.  I thought this was such a cute idea.

Diana

Dirty Diapers

1 pound ground beef
    1 small onion, finely chopped
    2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
    8 slices Cheddar cheese
    32 Dill pickle chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to crumble, until no longer pink. Add the onion to the skillet; cook and stir until tender. Drain off grease. Unroll the crescent roll dough on a clean surface. Separate the triangles and then cut each triangle in half diagonally to make 2 smaller triangles.
    Stack the slices of cheese and cut diagonally into 4 triangles. Place one triangle of cheese onto each triangle of dough. Spoon about a tablespoon of ground beef over the cheese and then top with a slice of pickle. Fold the points of the dough towards the center like a diaper and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown

False
    Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away! Click for Manchester, United Kingdom Forecast

Gm Alliea,  How sassy, this one is~  Thanks for sharing~  Janie~Coffee

Diana, That is a cute recipe and it looks adorable~  Thanks for reposting it~  Janie Gm ~  Coffee

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

I had a baby shower for my daughter and fixed both cucumber sandwiches and ham sandwiches - the cucumber was the favorite.  Cut crusts off white bread (it's better on white for some reason).  Peel 2 cucumbers, seed them, then shred.  Squeeze out excess water and blot well with paper towels.  Mix 1 - 8 oz. softened cream cheese, some grated onion (to your taste), a spoonful of mayo and some garlic salt (also to your taste).  Add the shredded cucumber and spread on a slice of bread.  Top with another slice and cut in half.  Store in frig.  These are best made a day in advance.  Fresh fruit - watermelon and pineapple - also went very well, as did cheese & crackers.

False

I asked for this recipe after having it at a baby shower where the baby-to-be was a girl…it really tasted good and a big hit. I’ve made this for many occasions and well received. It’s nice at Christmas or Valentine’s too. Hope you enjoy it!! cilla/NW FL

Sweet Sandwich Spread (T&T)

This is a beautiful pink color filling for sandwiches.

2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
    8 T. powdered sugar
    10 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained well
    10 oz. jar maraschino cherries, drain, chop and drain again
    3/4 c.
    chopped pecans, toasted

Mix and chill overnight.  Spread on sandwich bread with crusts removed. Cut into desired number of pieces. This makes enough spread for 2 giant loaves sandwich bread. ~cilla/NW FL~

False

cilla / NW FL

Hi Janie!!

Bumping for Poster.

False

Lisa, I bumped a thread for you with different sandwhich spreads - there are some really different ones on there that aren't just your typical ham or egg salad. Take a peak and see what you think.

Shannon

False

I have a very difficult time deciphering the line between boredom and hunger.