Cream Filling for Long John Donuts | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cream Filling for Long John Donuts

Last post Jul 22, 2008 12:07 PM by Deonia . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • Cream Filling for Long John Donuts

I am looking for a good recipe for cream filling for Long John Donuts.   I think I have the outside donut part down pretty good now, but I am not happy with the fillings  I have tried.    They used to have really good Long John's at Thurn's Bakery in Columbus, Ohio.   The bakery is gone now, but I sure would love to be able to duplicate those donuts.

Any help would  be appreciated.    You can reply by e-mail if you wish teresakapalana@yahoo.com

False
  • Re: Cream Filling for Long John Donuts

This might be just whata you're looking for...... I got this off a TV program when Julia Child had a great baker come in and make Danish, which btw, are to die for! It was included in the fillings for them. The Danish were a bit involved to make  but the fillings were all made in the nuker and really quick and easy. Good to boot! LOL

CONFECTIONER'S CREAM
    Into a larage pyrex bowl put:
    1 cup heavy cream or 1/2 & 1/2
    3 Tablespoons sugar
    1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
    1 egg yolk, slightly beaten ( save the white to glue and glaze danish bsefore baking)
    Microwave in 1 minute increments , stirring after each minute. do this 2 more times.
    Stir together:
    1 egg yolk and a llittle of the cornstarch mixture to temper.

Than add all togsether and mix and cook 30 seconds more. Cool

False
  • Re: Cream Filling for Long John Donuts

This might be just what you're looking for...... I got this off a TV program when Julia Child had a great baker come in and make Danish, which btw, are to die for! It was included in the fillings for them. The Danish were a bit involved to make  but the fillings were all made in the nuker and really quick and easy. Good to boot! LOL

CONFECTIONER'S CREAM
    Into a larage pyrex bowl put:
    1 cup heavy cream or 1/2 & 1/2
    3 Tablespoons sugar
    1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
    1 egg yolk, slightly beaten ( save the white to glue and glaze danish bsefore baking)
    Microwave in 1 minute increments , stirring after each minute. do this 2 more times.
    Stir together:
    1 egg yolk and a llittle of the cornstarch mixture to temper.

Than add all togsether and mix and cook 30 seconds more. Cool

False