Thin pork chops 1/2 inch or less | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Thin pork chops 1/2 inch or less

Last post Jan 24, 2009 6:05 PM by Sueszoo . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Thin pork chops 1/2 inch or less

Looking for a recipe for these boneless loin  pork chops.  I found plenty that call for 1 inch pork chops, but these are about 1/2 inch or maybe less.  They were maked down, and with the prices of meat I just grabbed them up.  We are not fond of fried meat.  If you have a recipes for these thin, but nice little chops I would truly appreciate it. Thanks GailSmile 

False
  • Re: Thin pork chops 1/2 inch or less

My favorite pork chop recipe doesn't really matter if they're thin chops or not.  Just brown them (if you want - you don't have to), then pour over them one envelope of onion soup mix, about a half a can of beer (more if you like), and one can of cream of mushroom soup.  Cover them and simmer for a bit until they're done - maybe half an hour or longer if they're on really low.  They'll be very tender and tasty.

False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast

Summer:

Pork Teriyaki Kabobs

Cut the thin-sliced loin chips in 1/2 or 1/3.  Marinate in your favorite teriyaki mix. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 mins. Skewer meat (like an accordian) and alternate with pinapple chunks and green pepper chunks.  Don't pack on skewer too tightly, so soak plently of skewers.  We also do several skewers of mushrooms, zucchini and cherry tomatoes.  Send DH or DS/DD out to the BBQ with the panful, a pair of tongs and an oven mit (or at our house a pair of cotton oilfield gloves).  This makes a great meal.  Serve rice if you'd like, but for some reason my peeps like cole slaw (sweet & sour taste?) with this meal.  It's super simple to make and the pork tastes so good, like something you get when you go to one of those Taste of the City deals.

hope you enjoy these as much as we do!

False

I like this recipe. Pork chops N stuffing

6 pork chops

6 cups soft bread cubes

1/2 c chopped onion

4 tbls melted butter or marg

2/3 cup water

1/4 tsp poultry seasoning

1 can cr of mushroom soup

Brown pork chops, then put into 2 qt shallow baking dish. Toss bread cubes with onion, butter, 1/3 cup water and poultry seasoning. Mix soup with rest of water and add about 1/2 of that to bread mixture. Spoon bread mixture on top of pork chops. Cover with soup and bake for about 45 minutes at  350.

Salbo

False

Thank you for the recipes.  I copied and printed them out.  I will try each of them.  Thank you again Gail

False

bumpjar.gif Bump Jar image by Cannibal_Candy for Linda

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Thanks!

Linda

False
    Photobucket
    Pecan Crusted Pork Loin Chops with Creamy Mustard Sauce

Pecan Crusted Pork Loin Chops with Creamy Mustard Sauce:
    (serves 2)
    4 thin-cut pork loin chops
    1/4 c chopped pecans
    1/4 c cornstarch or rice flour (regular flour works too)
    1 egg
    Salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper
    Olive oil as needed for sauteing

Sauce:
    1/2 c light mayonnaise (or use regular)
    1 tsp (heaping) whole grain mustard
    1 tsp (heaping) Dijon mustard
    1 tsp white wine vinegar
    1 tsp chopped fresh parsley plus extra for garnish

Directions:
    Mix sauce ingredients, set aside. Meanwhile, grind nuts, cornstarch and spice mixture in a food processor then pour into a shallow bowl or plate. Mix egg with a splash of water in a shallow bowl or plate. Coat pork chops in egg mixture, then coat in nut/cornstarch mixture. Add salt and pepper if needed.

Saute chops, about 2 minutes per side (DO NOT OVERCOOK, they are so lean they'll get very dry). Serve, topping with sauce.

False

bumping to copy

False
    Photobucket

Easy and good!

1 can applie pie fillling

1 stovetop dressing

chops

Sear chops and lay in greased baking pan

layer pie filling on top

layer prepped stovetop dressing on top of pie filling

Bake at 350 approximately 35-40 minutes or until chops are done.  If necessary, lay a top of foil to keep the dressing from burning, then off for a few minutes to crisp the top.

False

A German recipie:   Pound the cutlets out thinner.  Drege in beaten egg then finely crushed cracker crumbs.  Fry - salt and pepper as you like.  Put into 350 degree oven to keep warm, don't cover them.  Take a can of - beef broth, Campbel's beef and mushroom soup, beef gravy mix and make a thin gravy, using any one of the above.   Serve cutlets and pour a little gravy on top.  Add mashed potatos, salad or vege and you have dinner.

False

You can throw them into a casserole dish with a can of mushroom soup and 1/2-3/4 cup of any kind of wine (I usually use red).  Bake at 350 for 1 hour (a little longer if your chops are thicker).  Serve with white or brown rice.  Yummmmmm.Smile

False