Looking for cream of shrimp soup | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Looking for cream of shrimp soup

Last post Aug 22, 2008 5:13 PM by OKBoomerSooner . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Looking for cream of shrimp soup

I have a recipe that calls for a can of cream of shrimp soup, by Campbells. I was looking all over,and  I finally found where I can purchase the soup. but it was $ 2.49 a can.  I just refuse to pay that for a condensed soup. Does anyone have a version of cream of shrimp soup that would work with a recipe that I have using Campbells condensed cream of shrimp soup.   I would appreciate any help.  Thanks Gail  Smile

False
  • Re: Looking for cream of shrimp soup

Hi GFEZ6,

If you are still wanting to buy Campbell's cream of shrimp soup, go to:  http://www.campbellsoup.com/default.aspx, you will see on the left side the word "shop".  Cllick this "shop. " Cllick "shop for your favorite campbell products" and you will be leaving Campbell for "Netgrocer".  Click "Launch netgrocer" and you will see a number of pages full of old-time campbell soups.  What nostalgia.  The Cream of Shrimp soup is $1.95 so with postage will be about the same as what you're seeing in the store.  I don't think that is too outrageous a price  nowadays, but that's me.  Everything's expensive nowadays.  I have seen it in one of the stores here in Phoenix, but I didn't check the price.  Good luck!

Lorraine

False

I think it's about $2.39 here in our stores.  I just checked it the other day.

Carolyn

False

Thanks for answering my post.  I bit the bullet today and paid $2.49 for the cream of shrimp soup. I hope this recipe turns out well.  I will let you know.  Thanks Gail Smile

False

I know what you mean, Gail.  I passed up that $2.39 can the other day, but may bite the bullet, too, one of these days, as I have a Shrimp Curry recipe that I just love and it uses the soup.  Let us know how yours turns out.

Carolyn

False

I will Carolyn let you know how the recipe turns out.  I plan on makiing it one night this week.  Oh go and bit the bullet. At least you know your recipe is good, I am not sure about mine.  So go for it and make your Shrimp Curry and enjoy every bit.  Gail Smile

False

Okay.  You've convinced me. Wink

Carolyn

False