Rev & Pic: Corn on the cob Cupcakes~~ Decorating idea from Hello, Cupcake! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Rev & Pic: Corn on the cob Cupcakes~~ Decorating idea from Hello, Cupcake!

Last post Sep 03, 2008 2:06 PM by JMartinelli13 . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Rev & Pic: Corn on the cob Cupcakes~~ Decorating idea from Hello, Cupcake!

Took this book out from the library last month, and Jake just loved the corn on the cob cupcakes.   Today was his first day of Kindergarten (sigh!) so after I dropped him off I put these together as a surprise   :)    I couldn't find the Laffy Taffy/Starburst for the pat of butter, and my fondant was dried out so I skipped it.  Also couldn't find the black decorator sugar, only green, so didn't use it.    They turned out pretty cute, and I'm looking foward to making some of the others from the book.

Photobucket

Pic from book:

Link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/Hello-Cupcake-Irresistibly-Playful-Creations/dp/0618829253

False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

• Re: Rev & Pic: Corn on the cob Cupcakes~~ Decorating idea from Hello, Cupcake!

Wow.... what a great idea! Your cupcakes look fantastic.  Thank you for sharing, Jolene.

~~Vicki

False

• Re: Rev & Pic: Corn on the cob Cupcakes~~ Decorating idea from Hello, Cupcake!

You're welcome, Vicki!    

I found the starbust today, so added the pats of butter   :)    We ended up going out to lunch yesterday, so these will be for dessert today.

False

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Great job Jolene.Your`s look better than the books:)
     Thank you for sharing.I`m always glad to hear about that big boy Jake.And to see your pics and get you recipes.
     G m to you.

Rosie

False

I will definitely check out that link ... I cannot believe how real those "corn kernels" look!

Surprise

By the way, I want to tell you how much I LOVE your posts with the reviews, but most especially the pics you share with everyone! Please don't let anyone criticize you for it. I literally watch for your posts with the pics and reviews and make sure I check out each and every one of them. (And hey, that goes for EVERYONE that posts reviews, whether with a pic or not - I greatly appreciate it when people share what they've done!) I actually quit posting any reviews lately, just a couple here and there, because it didn't seem like it really mattered to anybody ... that's why I want you to know how much I appreciate your posts.

Smile

Please let us know how your little one does with kindergarden!

False
    I haven't failed; I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Gm  Jolene, If I didn't know better I'd swear that's corn~  How cute!~  Thanks for sharing your great pictures, recipe and reviews!~   Janie 

False

Taste of Home member since 2004. Taste of Home field Editor since 2009*

Enjoying  every Minute.

These look great!  And I, too, love to see your cakes that you've decorated -- keep it up.

False

Jolene ~  those are adorable!!  Are those jelly bellies on the cupcake?  TY for sharing those!

False

Jolene! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen!  You did a great job.  Yours look better than theirs, too!  Thanks for posting.  And what a sweet Mommie you are!

I also love all your reviews and posts.

False

Jolene, how cute is that!  Great picture and presentation too! Thanks for always sharing!

Mama_fluffy, I hope you continue to post your recipes and reviews! If your posts get bumped down because of traffic, don't be shy, bump them up! I'm sure your recipes would be an asset!

~~susie.

False

Jolene yours are just  so real looking,,,honest to goodness  they look just like corn on the cob.  much better than the book's picture...are those jelly bellies...I love them so would probably eat them all before I got to decorate the cupcakes...you are just the best....Shirley

False

Aw, thanks everyone   :)     I just love sharing my experiments with you all, and it's nice to know they are enjoyed   :)

Shirley & Amy, yes, those are Jelly Belly beans.   We did a road trip to our favorite candy store a few weeks ago, and you can buy them by the pound and they are all seperated by colors.    :) 

Jake had a great second day of Kindergarten and we celebrated with these after lunch.   He was a very happy camper   :)

False