Question about using oven bags in crock pot | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Question about using oven bags in crock pot

Last post Jun 03, 2004 11:27 AM by KyAna44 . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Question about using oven bags in crock pot
    Ok, sorry this is going to sound really silly, but never having done this before, I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

If you line the crock pot with a Reynolds Oven bag, do you let the bag hang over the sides of the pot,
    or do you tie up the bag with the zip tie? If you tie up the bag, do you also use/need the crock lid?

Yes, this is my pressing question of the day... thanks for any help.
    Cook4boys
    False
  • RE: Question about using oven bags in crock pot
    You definitely need the lid to keep the heat in. I'm not sure about the bag though.

~Tina :-)
    False
    ~Tina :-)
    This helpful hint is from crockpot 101 about.com

When purchasing a crockpot, look for one with a removable liner. They are much easier to clean. If you have a nonremovable liner, however, all is not lost! Line your crockpot with a cooking bag and you'll have no cleanup at all. Spray the inside of the liner with cooking spray before you fill it to make cleanup easier.
    Only fill the crockpot one half to three quarters full. The foods will not cook properly if the appliance is filled to the brim. If the food and liquid level is lower, the foods will cook too quickly.
    False

Cool

Let the edges of the bag hang over the crockpot tub (I don't know what else to call it-lol!) Most people only fill the bag 1/2 full and the more adventuresome 3/4 full.
    False

Cool

I tie the bag just like for the oven but leave it loose for venting. I keep the cockpot covered with lid. Makes clean up a breeze!
    False
    I fix the bag just as I would if it were going in the oven, then just pop it in the crockpot instead of the oven!

Anne
    False
    Say less than you know, Own more than you show, Pay as you go, Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!