Peach Cupcakes with Peach Buttercream Icing-Pictures | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Peach Cupcakes with Peach Buttercream Icing-Pictures

Last post May 15, 2012 8:08 PM by hmweaver . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • Peach Cupcakes with Peach Buttercream Icing-Pictures

Comment from the Blogger:

These cupcakes turned out really well. They're extremely moist inside, and while the peach flavour is pretty subtle, they taste great. I also love this buttercream icing. It's nice because you can always just omit the cream that it calls for, and use some flavoured liquid instead, which is what I did in this case. The only problem, of course, is that it's very rich, and there's no way to make it even remotely healthy.

All in all, though, a nice treat... especially if you have over-ripe peaches sitting around!

From the Blogspot: Cathlin Cooks

The URL kept coming up thru Tastespotting, so hopefully it'll work for you: http://tastespotting.com/click/23516

Peach Cupcakes with Peach Buttercream

Cupcakes

2-2 ½ cups unbleached white flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

¾ cup sugar

1 cup fresh peach puree (she just whirled sliced peaches in the blender, and then strained them to get the chunks out)

½ cup vegetable oil

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2/3 cup water

2 tablespoons vinegar

Buttercream

¾ cup butter, at room temperature

1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar

¼ cup peach puree

Vanilla, to taste

×××

Cake

Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin, or lightly grease and flour a 9-inch round or 8-inch square cake pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar into a bowl. In a measuring cup, mix together the peach puree, oil and vanilla. Add the peach mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk together until combined. At this point, you may want to add some yellow and food colouring to achieve a peachier colour. When the batter is smooth, add the vinegar and stir quickly. The batter will foam slightly where the baking soda and vinegar are reacting. Stir just until the vinegar is evenly distributed throughout the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 20 minutes if making cupcakes, or 25 to 30 minutes it making cake. Allow to cool before glazing or frosting.

Peach Buttercream

Whip the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat until well combined. Add peach puree and vanilla and beat again until smooth. You may want to add some yellow and red food colouring to achieve a peachier colour.

Can be piped or spread onto cakes.

This icing looked so good, I just wanted to show you guys a picture of it too:

Star

False
  • Re: Peach Cupcakes with Peach Buttercream Icing-Pictures
    WOW I am gonna try this one. Thanks so much :)
    False
    Photobucket

YUM!!!

I tell you what Star, have you ever got an e-mail with one of those pug dogs that lick the screen? Well, I was tempted my friendStick out tongue LOL. I can taste that peach frosting right now.

~Jan~

False

SCSG Jan blue eyed mouse siggy

~~The most important things in life aren't things!~~ 

Isn't it pretty? How does she make the frosting look like a flower? Is it a certain pipe tip?

I thought that bowl of frosting looked good enough to dive into, LOL!

Jan, I have seen the Pug! That would have been very funny...you could have put "My response to the peach cupcakes" in the subject line, and I wouldn't have expected it, LOL!

Star

False

I made 3 different cupcakes to take to a party, but these aren't going with me.  You can't really even taste the peach, the frosting curdled, they just didn't work out for me.

Nice concept, but not a keeper.

Thanks anyway :o) 

False

This sounds marvelous. I wonder if a can of peach nectar would work in place of the pureed peaches?

False

This sound  great.  I womder if  I could us a cake mix for the cupcakes, if I used peach nectar for the liguid?

False
    sway

I bet a little almond extract would be nice too.

These are so pretty! Thanks, Star :)

deb

False

Shezachef....did you not see the review that said this?

"They're extremely moist inside, and while the peach flavour is pretty subtle, they taste great. "

Perhaps the curdled frosting was operator error?  Or because of.....hot and humid weather? I see this is your first post under this identity, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask for help!

JMHO!

~~susie.

False

nice picture.

not everyone has the same taste, Jmo but if someone didn't like the taste? why would they ask for help??

blaze

False

Yum! You know I made Sydney's Mini Penne skillet tonight :-)

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

I want to know why there is no eggs in this recipe? I made this yesterday for my mom's birthday, and they were horrible!!!  I followed the recipe exactly. They fell after I took them out of the oven in 1-2 min. They were also  extremely heavy, like rocks. I fed them to the Racoons that come to my house every night. Luckliy I still had time to make another batch of cupcakes of a different recipe. But it was really irritating, because of the money spent.

False

Maudie--I clicked on the link to the original recipe.  There are no eggs in the recipe because of the peach puree.  Someone there had trouble with the recipe, and concluded that it was due to the fact they used canned peaches, not fresh.  

False

I was very disappointed in this recipe.  The peach taste was not "subtle", it was non-existant.  I tasted the batter and added another 1/2 cup and it still didn't have the peach flavor.  I thought next time I'd add peach flavor, but after they baked I decided  I won't be making these again.  The texture was heavy and they tasted very bland.  I didn't even bother wasting my time making the frosting, I threw the cupcakes away.

False