Mini Caramel Apple Bites... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Mini Caramel Apple Bites...

Last post Oct 27, 2008 10:56 PM by ladyfiresong . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Mini Caramel Apple Bites...

MINI CARAMEL APPLE BITES

1) Wash and peel a large, fairly tart apple like Granny Smith. Using a melon baller, extract balls of apple. A large apple will yield about 6 balls (plus scraps for you to snack on). Place in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice.

2) Prepare a dipping station. You can use mini cupcake papers (as shown above) and lollipop sticks. In addition to a bowl of warmed caramel apple dip, you may want to add chopped nuts, m&ms or sprinkles.

3) Carefully spear each ball of apple through the ROUND end (not the part with the skin). Keep the flat end on the bottom, so they stand upright. Using a paper towel, blot off the excess lemon juice. This is important- if the apple has too much juice left on it, the caramel won't stick.

4) Dip the apple in the caramel, using a twirling motion to coat it evenly.

5) Transfer the apple to the nuts and roll, using a gentler twirling motion.

6) Stand the apples upright in the cups and let them chill in the fridge to solidify.

from finestationery.com

False

Photobucket

• Re: Mini Caramel Apple Bites...

These look AWESOME!!  Caramel apples are one of our favorite fall treats - we buy them from a candy store here - it is a family owned and operated business - and they only have them available in the fall.  Oh my, are those things wonderful!  My entire family loves the things!

They use Granny Smith for their apples, too. Those apples can be huge, so we rarely can get through a complete one.  These mini bites would be perfect for getting just the right amount.

Again, thanks for posting this recipe!  Happy Fall to you!

False
    "True hope is swift, and flies with swallow's wings." ~William Shakespeare

That's what I thought when I saw this recipe!!!  I love caramel apples also

but never really seem to be able to finish the whole apple...I thought how

perfect these would be.  I haven't tried them yet..but hope to do so sometime this weekend.

I will be seeing my GD this weekend and thought she would have fun helping me with

this one.  "Happy Fall" to you also, Barnswallow!

Twila*

False

Photobucket

These will be so much fun to make and  so much easier to eat that the big whole apples and I can justify eating a lot too.  thanks so much for this wonderful recipe.   Shirley

False

thanks for sharing

False

thanks so much for posting this. I saw the end of something similar to this on one of our local news programs and I was bummed that I didn't catch all of it. Now I have a guide and I'm looking forward to making these to take my daughter's 3rd grade class as a treat for them on Halloween.

False