SAMS CLUB CANNED CHICKEN RECIPES | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

SAMS CLUB CANNED CHICKEN RECIPES

Last post May 05, 2014 5:03 PM by PAdutch . 31 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 123
  • SAMS CLUB CANNED CHICKEN RECIPES

I bought some canned chicken at Sam's Club when they were handing out samples of their canned chicken mixed with mayonnaise and........I don't remember what the other ingredients were. I know it was just a simple recipe and they handed out samples of it spread on crackers. It was VERY GOOD! Does anyone happen to have the recipes (there were 2 different recipes) for this?

False
  • Re: SAMS CLUB CANNED CHICKEN RECIPES

If you type canned chicken spread or dips in the search box and click on community it will bring up lots and lots of thread for so many different and easy varities. Here is a recipe for a recipe posted a few years back that got raves and raves and reviewed over and over and over again by many of us here, myself included. Sorry if you may not be interested in this one, but it is a winner. Connie

Hot Wing Dip
    Posted by: mary217 Replies: 0 Posted on: 2/13/2004 6:02:40 AM
    #T303173
    Hot Wing Dip

2 large cans of canned chicken meat
    2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
    1 cup ranch dressing
    1/2 cup of hot sauce (you made add more if you like)
    Directions:

Mix all the ingredients together. Place in baking dish and bake in oven for 30-45 minutes at 350*.

Posted by: momof3ms Posted on: 3/1/2004 10:51:26 AM #R3158090 Star,
    When I made mine I added about 3/4 cup of the Texas Pete hot sauce, some shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of ranch dip I had in the fridge to it. I also added some red pepper flakes, some fresh cracked black pepper (what doesn't taste better with fresh pepper) and some dehydrated garlic flakes. It was great. The guys at dh's work told me to bring it in a five gallon bucket next time! I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as the rest of us that have tried it did!
    Patti

False

I don't have the recipes, but every single time I go to Sams I buy two "stacks" of that canned chicken. It is the best isn't it!!!!

I make the chicken salad and roll up in the tortillas. Think I will have the for lunch now that you bought this up!!!

False

False

This is the only recipe for 'chicken salad' in the little booklet.

Holiday Chicken Salad

3 cans (13 oz. ea.) drained Member's Mark Chicken Breast
    1 1/2 c. dried cranberries
    1 c. mayonnaise or yogurt
    1 c. chopped celery
    1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
    1/2 c. minced green bell pepper
    2 sliced green onions
    1 tsp. paprika
    Ground black pepper

In a medium bowl, shred drained chicken
    Add the mayonnaise, paprika, cranberries, celery, bell pepper, onion and nuts. Mix together and add black pepper to taste.
    Serve as a sandwich or with crackers.

False

Cost Co adds a little lemon pepper with mayo to theirs when they are handing out samples.  They do the same with the canned salmon as well.

Kathy

False

I had a sample of the chicken salad on a cracker and she said she mixed mayo and sweet pickle relish. Does that sound familiar? It was very good. Sue in Iowa
    False

The recipe that came with my canned chicken was to take a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls, and stick 2 together to form a square- so there should be 4 squares.  Then take an 8 oz box of cream cheese, and mix the chicken in it, and some sesame seeds, chopped onion and a bit of garlic powder.  divide into 4 parts and roll into balls.  Place the balls in the center of each crescent square and pinch alternating corners up over the cream cheese ball.  pinch together the edges so the cream cheese is totally hidden.  Bake at 350 until browned.

This is one of my favorite quick recipes, and the kids and hubby love them!

False

I once tasted chicken salad at one of their demos for the canned chicken. The lady told me this is what was in it:

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (the kind in the botle)

Parsley flakes

Dehydrated minced onion

Vidalia onion vinagrette dressing (the kind they sell at Sam's)

I think that was all. It was very good. Maybe this is what you are looking for.

False

At our Sam's they mix 1 can of chicken (drained) with 3 T. Hidden Valley Ranch Mix (in the big canister), 8 oz.cream cheese, and 1/2 cup of their "Heavy Mayo".

It's very goodYes

deb

False

Thank you so much for all the suggestions in using the canned chicken! I will certainly be trying many of the recipes! Thanks again!! :o)

False
    I had a recipe on one of my included recipes for a chicken soup. I know the ingredients were broth and cream of chicken soup - but I can't find the recipe anywhere --- if anyone has it, could you please post it for me?? Thanks
    False

I bought the canned chicken at Costco yesterday - I haven't bought it in ages, but the sample was SOOO good!  I even bought the pita chip crackers that were sampled with the chicken.   I'm such a sucker~!   LOL  :)

Kathleen

False

I live in Ontario, Canada and our Sams Clubs all closed a couple of weeks ago. But I did buy their Memebers Chicken in the can and it was awesome. The tester at out club used Mayo, celery and onion and it was YUM.

We do have Costco and they have something of the same.

When Sams closed I bought all the cans - 4 in a pkg. for $6.00 because they wanted to clear everything out.

I do on occasion visited Sams in the States so will still be able to get it.

I do love it though. 

Crea

False

The canned chicken makes great green chilli chicken enchiladas too!:)

False