Paula Deen's Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Paula Deen's Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding

Last post Jun 29, 2006 9:43 PM by Needtolose . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Paula Deen's Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
    I just watched Paula made this and it was so rich it oozed out of the TV. She made the comment that it had no "added" sugar. Check it out.

Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding

2 doz. Krispy Kreme donuts
    1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
    1 can fruit cocktail (undrained)
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 (9 oz.) box raisins
    pinch salt
    1 or 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    Butter Rum sauce

Preheat oven to 350.
    Cube donuts into large bowl. Pour other ingredients on top and let soak a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible. Bake in a 9 X 13 glass dish for about 1 hr. until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce.

Butter Rum Sauce
    1 stick butter
    1 lb. box confectioners' sugar
    Rum to taste
    Melt butter and slowly stir in sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over Bread Pudding.

She added enough rum to make a thick topping. You could just add milk and vanilla.

When I weigh 90 lbs. I'll try to make this.
    False
  • RE: Paula Deen's Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
    Just noticed that diddelydi and I were posting at the same time.
    False
    Ho Chinarose,

I saw that you posted too. It sure did look good to me.

I was trying to post back to you & my computer wouldn't let me reply right away. I thought maybe we were all posting at the same time.

Diane
    False

Diane

bump
    False
    no fruit cocktail and no canned pie filling or I would try halving this. I have 6 doughnuts that are definitely day old & need to be used up
    False
    I made this for the men's group at our church the first time it was on, and they nearly ate the pan. Since I don't like canned fruit cocktail, I used canned sliced peaches and chopped them into about 1/2 inch pieces. I was hoping there would be a taste left for me afterward. Big joke - especially when those men start eating. My DH said it was great though and wants to know when I'm making one for us. Maybe when we have an army to feed so there won't be leftovers to tempt me. With only 2 of us there is no way I'm making that huge dessert. There is no way I can make this safe for diabetics. Ever seen a diabetic Krispy Kreme doughnut? LOL
    False
    I'm not positive, but I THINK that the process of cutting/tearing/breaking the donuts for this dish causes MOST of the calories to leak out.

And I also heard that when the rum in the sauce is heated, it causes most of the calories in the powdered sugar to evaporate.

I have been looking for a good low-cal dessert....I think this one may just be it.

False
    I just noticed this had been bumped up and that gaudrey has made it. I have never tried it as I'm not exactly thin yet, but with gaudrey's tweaks, I'll make it for a Men's Bible study group. I'm definitely saving myself a bite - before I take it to them.
    AlabamaNeeNee, you're too funny. I do believe you're right though:)
    False
    chinarose, that is a good idea to save yourself a bite because those men will never leave a crumb!
    False
    I made this and took it to my physical therapists, they really loved it. The next time I made it I made it with regular glazed donuts, not Krispy Kreme and it tasted just as good and was a lot less expensive!!!
    False
    Just the smell when you mix it is wonderful. I think I gained 10 pounds just from that! LOL
    False
    Can you imagine what a diabetics BS would be after eating this? I dearly love KK glazed donuts but can you imagine how sweet this recipe is? Sweetned Condensed Milk(aka Eagle Brand)adds to the sweetness of the glazed donuts.
    False
    Not only would this recipe be extremely sweet but I feel that it is an expensive recipe to make at the price of donuts now days. I remember in high school, we'd come out of the drive-in movies and stop by the Krispy Kreme store and get a dozen of hot glazed donuts for 30 or 50 cents a dozen and 4 of us would sit and eat that entire dozen. That's the only way I like glazed donuts, warm and fresh out of the oven but my arm can be twisted to eat them at room temperature easily enough! Bring back those 1950's prices!
    False