Help me find a copycat recipe for Red Lobster New Orleans Salmon - please!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help me find a copycat recipe for Red Lobster New Orleans Salmon - please!!

Last post Feb 05, 2012 4:39 AM by cllw . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • Re: Help me find a copycat recipe for Red Lobster New Orleans Salmon - please!!

Thank you so very much.  Where did you find it?  I never thought I would get the actual recipe.  Thanks again,

Janet

False
  • Re: Help me find a copycat recipe for Red Lobster New Orleans Salmon - please!!

I'm glad this is what you were looking for.  All I did was google Red Lobster New Orleans Salmon recipe and this came up on page 2.

Lynn

False

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU!!!

May the Good Lord Bless You!!!

I have been looking for this recipe for 3 years!! and I even used to Work & Red Lobster! I ate this everyday, worked out and lost 50lbs!! (I was a server, I moved alot and DIDNT TOUCH the biscuits!...lol)

You have made my night! I made it and it tasted just like the Restaurant style...I know once I get familiar with the recipe it will be an EXACT match! that and I need sweet paprika...not just the regular stuff.

You were TRULY a blessing on this ONE!!!

Cheers!

False

So glad for us both - glad that I could help.
    Janet

False

jcmsmom
    Salmon New Orleans (Red Lobsters Restaurant)

Yes  Thanks so much for posting this!!  Red Lobster is my absolute favorite place to dine!!!!

False

Red Lobsters Salmon New Orleans

Serves 2

Cajun Seasonings:
    1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika
    2-1/2 teaspoons Salt
    1 teaspoon Onion powder
    1 teaspoon Garlic powder
    1 teaspoon Ground red pepper(preferably cayenne), very optional
    3/4 teaspoon White pepper
    3/4 teaspoon Black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme leaves
    1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano

Rich Lemon Butter Sauce:
    1 small can chicken stock
    1/2 tablespoon dried onion flake
    1 teaspoon unsalted butter, room temp.
    1 teaspoon all purpose flour
    Dash of white pepper
    Dash of salt
    Juice from fresh lemon, to taste
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    4 tablespoons cold butter

2 Tablespoons Clarified butter
    2 (4 ounce each) Atlantic Salmon, skinless fillet
    Juice of half a lemon
    2 cups Alaskan Shrimp

To make Cajun Seasonings: Combine ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
    *Store the rest of the seasonings in a clean jar for later use.*

To make Rich Lemon Butter Sauce: Combine chicken stock and onion flakes and boil stock on high heat uncovered. Meanwhile combine butter and flour and mix till it becomes a paste. Whisk butter/flour mixture into stock. Strain
    out the scum that forms on top. Reduce to a third. Remember, do all this
    uncovered. Stock should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add
    white pepper, salt, and lemon (Do not add too much of lemon juice all at
    once. Squeeze in 1/2 a teaspoon first and taste test. What you are after is
    a subtle tartness.). Stir in heavy cream. Remove from heat and whisk in
    butter. Keep warm and set aside.

To cook Salmon: Heat up sauté pan to medium and melt clarified butter.
    Generously season one side of fish with the Cajun seasonings. Gently place
    fish in pan, seasoning side down. Cook till seasoning side is brown. Turn
    over and squeeze a half a lemon over fish and cover pan. Steam for
    approximately 2 min. The steam will cook the fish.

To cook Alaskan Shrimp: Submerge shrimp in boiling water. Turn off heat and
    let sit until just cooked. DO NOT OVER COOK!

To serve: Place salmon on heated platter. Spoon on the shrimp and top it off
    with the Rich Lemon Butter Sauce.

At Red Lobster Restaurant, they serve this dish with a side of rice pilaf
    and pan fried veggies.
    False

The pictures look incredible.  Guess what I'm ordering at Red Lobster 2 weeks from tomorrow,  when we are traveling south?

And THANK YOU for the recipe!

False

I work at Red Lobster and the Salmon New Orleans is made with a tabasco  beurre blanc sauce. The salmon is seasoned with cajun seasoning and we broil the salmon as well as the shrimp. I hope this helps!!

False

I see this is an older post but a good place to put this in the archives.

The mention of buerre blanc sauce haunted my brain until I remembered where I had heard it before-I had copied this from tabasco.com some time ago. I searched my recipe files until I found this with my notes to try this with salmon-but I never seem to get around to it. Now it will be on the menu~but hopefully it will be something that can be adapted to salmon. I would just grill the salmon and add some grilled shrimp, too~YUM
    I am sure you can swap the lime for lemon, etc. There are some great cajun and creole seasonings out there if you don't want to make your own.
    Linda

Cajun Red Snapper with Lime Cilantro Beurre Blanc and Spiced Candied Pecans

Ingredients

Marinated fish
    1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
    1 teaspoon Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
    Juice of 2 limes
    3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
    4 (8-ounce) fillets red snapper, skin on

Lime-Cilantro Beurre Blanc
    1/2 cup chopped shallots
    1/2 cup white wine
    Juice of 2 limes, divided
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, cut into small pieces
    1/2 cup chopped cilantro
    Salt and pepper to taste

Spiced Candied Pecans
    1 cup pecans (about 1/2 pound)
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup water
    1 1/2 teaspoons Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
    1 teaspoon kosher salt

To make marinade, combine Cajun seasoning, TABASCO® Sauce, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a shallow dish and mix well; add fish and marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare beurre blanc and spiced pecans and set aside.

Just before serving, heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to hot pan. Place two fish fillets at a time in pan, skin side down, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until the skin gets crusty. Turn fish over and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.

Spoon some beurre blanc on 4 plates; top with fish fillets and more beurre blanc. Sprinkle spiced nuts over top.

Lime-Cilantro Beurre Blanc: Combine shallots, wine, and juice of one lime in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat until mixture is reduced to 1 1/2 tablespoons. Add the heavy cream and cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add butter a piece at a time, whisking until all is incorporated. When sauce is thickened, remove from heat and strain through a fine strainer to remove shallots. Return sauce to saucepan and stir in cilantro and juice from remaining lime. Season to taste with salt and pepper and reheat for 30 seconds.

Spiced Pecans : Toast pecans in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add sugar and let it brown; when sugar is browned and melted, add water and mix quickly. This will create syrup that will adhere to the nuts quickly. Add TABASCO® Sauce and salt and mix well. When the nuts become sticky and brown, remove from pan

Submitted by Firefighter William Benitez, New York City Fire Department, third place winner of America's "Hottest" Firefighting Cook in the third national TABASCO® Cook & Ladder® Competition.

False