Yummy Snowflakes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Yummy Snowflakes

Last post Dec 07, 2008 11:18 AM by dawnj_Zone5 . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Yummy Snowflakes
    Yummy Snowflakes

You know those paper snowflakes you fold and cut? Well, how about making some you can eat!

Ingredients
    What you need:
    Flour tortillas
    Scissors
    Powdered Sugar
    An adult to help with the cooking
    Directions
    What to do: Gently fold the tortilla into quarters (don't crease it, or it will tear). Cut pieces out to make cool snowflake designs when you open it up! (You might wanna practice that part with paper first.) Here's where the adult comes in. Get them to help you fry the tortilla until it's crispy. Then, sprinkle it with powdered sugar. That's it! Snow never tasted so good! ( I like to use cinnamon sugar, also )
    False
  • Re: Yummy Snowflakes

Sounds like a fun time for the kids. 

I have never made snowflakes out of them, but have cut the tortillas in triangles and deep fried them.

Let them drain then put sugar cinnamon combination or powdered sugar in paper bag, put a few in and

shake the bag to coat "cookie" .  Bet you can't eat just one.

False

i've made cut them into triangles too, but never thought of snowflake design!!! COOL IDEA! thanx for the tip will make with my grandsonBig Smile

False

Well that sounds like fun. I bet they would be good with honey drizzled on them too.

This morning I ran across some sour cream/ green onion powder I bought at the bulk food store. I was wondering what in the heck I would do with it. Thanks to you I have a great idea. That stuff would br terrific on tortillas!

dawnj

False