Crock Pot Potato Soup | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Crock Pot Potato Soup

Last post Jan 13, 2009 8:42 PM by roseyrosebudd . 1 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
  • Crock Pot Potato Soup

I made this last night, the recipe was basic, but I added my own ingredients.  I truly think this is one that you can play with.  We really enjoyed it. Such a nice comforting food for these cold days that we are having. Dinner is almost ready when you come home.  All I had to do was add the cream chese, and stir. Add hot rolls, bread or crackers, This was a nice warming meal and inexpensive to cook. 

Crockpot Potato Soup

8 cups diced potatoes

1/3 cup of chopped onion

3 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth

1 can (10-3.4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted

1/4 tea. pepper

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese cubed

`1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional

Minced chives optional

In a large 5 qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.  Add cream cheese, stir until blended.  Garnish with bacon and chives if desired.  Serves 12 (3 quarts)

My notes: I peeled and diced the potatoes the night before and put them in cold water to keep them from discoloring, then put them in the frig. At 9:30 am I drained the potatoes,put them in the crcok pot and added the next five ingredients.  I also added 3/4 teaspoons of garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of old bay, I came home at 6:3-0 and added the cream cheese, and stirred until it was nice and smooth. Room temp cheese would be best, I had to stir to break down the cream cheese.  But not long at all. I did not have the bacon, but had bacon bits. I added bacon bittes in my first bowl, but found it too salty. My opinoin, you don't need the bacon/ or bacon bites, everyone should decide what they want.  My boys ate it without the bacon bites  and loved it. This is a keeper in our house. If you try I hope you like it. Gail Yes

False
  • Re: Crock Pot Potato Soup

Thank you for the recipe! I love recipes you put in in the morning and are ready when you get home!

False