Mom2Mom Recipe Chat. Money Saving meals, menus and ideas! Please join us! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Mom2Mom Recipe Chat. Money Saving meals, menus and ideas! Please join us!

Last post Feb 01, 2009 6:25 PM by rachellestratton . 180 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 4 of 13 (181 items) < First23456Last >
  • Re: Mom2Mom Recipe Chat. Money Saving meals, menus and ideas! Please join us!

Thanks Shannon. Sounds like its tasty with chips. Leat thanks for the casserole recipe and the sauces. Yummy. Milk here is $2.19 a gallon here in Wyoming. Walmart here is expensive too, Kelly. Milk is about $3.50 a gallon. Not sure about the ice cream. We make our own unless its rocky road ice cream. Haven't found a recipe yet that I like. Sometimes I can get butter 2 for $5. Thats when I stock up. I also shop bulk through allisonspantry. There is a lady here in town that sells it.

False

Click for Rock Springs, Wyoming Forecast

TOH field editor for Wyoming

Rachelle, I put the loaf on its side to slice. A really good serated knife helps too.
    False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/

Thanks for the recipes Leat!!!! The all sound so good!
    False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/

On its side. Thanks. I've got 2 different bread knives. One is from my mom and the other came in my knife set I got for Christmas a couple of years ago. I've got to make bread. I've been cutting it and bagging it that way its easier for my kids to get a slice out.

False

Click for Rock Springs, Wyoming Forecast

TOH field editor for Wyoming

I am out of bread, went to make sandwiches and had none in the freezer. I will have to make some as the bakery here in town closed its doors.

False

You should try the milk and honey bread! It doesn't take long to raise either!
    False
    The WeatherPixie

Thanks for the link Kelly, I am printing it off to try!

So the tray DH was going to take to work was postponed until tomorrow. He is in major meetings so it will be better then. There will be more people so I will make a few additions tonight.

Wonder whats on Dr. Phil today? Gonna check that out shortly.

Big Smile

False

Shannon I hate to hear she got hurt but glad it wasn't too bad. I will have to try making breadcrumbs like that I had never thought of it.

Sue No plans for the superbowl. DH says football season is over for this house because his team didn't make it into the playoffs.

Kelly My DH is the same way he prefers store brought over homemade bread. But he also wants the bottom of the crust peeled off too.

Leat I just made the Dorito casserole here the other day. I add a can of whole kernel corn to mine too.

Redawna and Nancy If yall have some energy left mail me some.

Just got home from the dentist and the baby doctor. Everything is still good. And I am finished at the dentist, all my dental work is done.

Better go and get started with homework and supper.

Talk to yall later.

Michelle

False

Michelle!!!!!! Its so good seeing you!!!!!! So glad things are going well for you! And its great that you can be up and about these last weeks before baby comes so you can get all the little things done/ Are you ready? I bet everyone is so excited!!!!!!!

I have the dough rising, felt a bit stiff thou, I think I added a touch to much flour.

sigh......................................

Time to put the ham in.

False

Evenig all,

Just finishing up my baking, going to be making 2 trays so I needed to make more ooies. I have to Maple Pecan danishes baking and need to cut some other things up shortly. Good news is this is a paying job!!!!!! Which is good!!!!

It is snowing again but is really nice and warm out! If I didn't have work to do I would be outside shoveling.

Time to check the oven!

False

Good morning friends.

Michelle, It is so great to see you posting again and that everything is going well.

Redawana, What goodies are you going to put on the tray for DH work?

Was watching Trading Spaces early am and Hildi redecorated a 6 y.o. boys room. She painted it a reddish/orange and hung dvd's on the walls and the curtains were of  a 70's design Tongue Tied.

After midnight tonight we're supposed to get an ice/snow storm not sure how bad it will be.

Getting DD ready for school.

Hi Leat, Sue, Ellie, Kelly, Rachelle, Shannon, Belinda and I'm sorry if I missed anyone.

NancyCoffee

False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero

Nancy - did you see the episode where Hildi screwed all the hubcaps to the walls of a family room? It was hideous! She is definitely my least favorite designer. I like it when they go over the top and make you say, "Wow, I would have never thought of that", but it's almost as if she can't come up with an "outside the box" idea so she comes up with something screwy. 

Wow, I'm starving! Trying not to eat much today since I have my final dress fitting tomorrow. I don't want to be bloated. I don't know how I'm going to make it. My stomach is making squishy gurgly noises...it's mad at me! Maybe I'll just drink liquids. Oh geez! I'm never going to make it.Zip it!

S

False

I have a very difficult time deciphering the line between boredom and hunger.

SmileI would love for the homeowners to get revenge and re-do a room in her house.

I don't recall the hubcap episode but I'm sure I'll see it one of these mornings. C'mon, feathers in a bathroom, hay on walls, records on walls?????????? Can you imagine the work it took to get all of that off and to clean it up? The room she did for this little boy was certainly not age appropriate. When they went back 2 wks later the family kept it as is. I would'nt happy if she was redecorating a room in my house. I'd tell them to do the basement or the attic so nobody could see it. DD has a friend whose mom really resembles Hildi.

Has your mom and future MIL decided on what color dress she they're going to wear? Eat some celery carrot sticks lol. It's tough to control our eating habits.

Nancy

False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero

Hi all!

No time to look through all of the posts, but will have to do that later.  Good topic this week Redawna.

Good to see you Michelle!

Trying to get everyone out the door to co-op- I had to come and check for any last minute e-mails about classes.  Between co-op kids and basketball, colds are running round and round and round!  ick. 

Gotta run!  Have a great day and chat with ya later!

Ellie

False

Hi all! Cold here this morning, but not too bad. We did get some snow and a bit of sleet, but it isn't as icy here as I think they thought it would be. But the day is not over yet! Just south of us, our neighbors in KY are having a horrible morning! Trees are breaking over because of the ice. And no electricity. Yuck! I talked to a good friend and she said there is a tree in her yard that looks like it was blowing in the wind and just froze.  Told her to take a picture!

Been cleaning the kitchen this morning - took EVERYTHING off the counters and scrubbed.  Did some rearranging of countertop appliances.  Going to sweep and mop and call it done. 

Going to take Seth outside in a bit and let him do some "shoveling".  Great energy management!  He will take a great nap this afternoon! 

Good morning to everybody!  Michelle, great to hear you are doing well enough to pop in!  Stay warm everybody!

Kelly

False
    The WeatherPixie