REC: Mole con Pollo y Arroz | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

REC: Mole con Pollo y Arroz

Last post Feb 09, 2009 9:05 AM by kaly_ab . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • REC: Mole con Pollo y Arroz

I thought this sounded good this morning~Linda

Mole con Pollo y Arroz
    Mole is a traditional Mexican sauce well know all over the world. Chocolate is the secret ingredient used to make the sauce rich but not overly sweet.
    1 cup chopped onion
    Olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 cup slivered almonds
    1/4 t pepper
    1 1-oz square bittersweet chocolate
    1 15-oz can tomato sauce
    2 7-oz cans green chile salsa
    2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
    1 cup cooked rice
    Avocado
    Lime
    Sour cream
    Heat a little oil in skillet and cook onion, garlic and almonds until onions are translucent.
    Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper until chocolate melts. Stir constantly.
    Pour tomato sauce, green chile salsa and chocolate mixture into blender and process until smooth.
    Pour sauce in skillet and add chicken. Stir to mix well and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
    Serve over hot rice and garnish with avocado and lime slices and dollop of sour cream. Serves 8
    Tip: Mole is a smooth, rich, dark red sauce usually containing a glend of garlic, onion and various chiles and seeds, such as pumpkin seeds called pepitas. A small amount of chocolate makes the sauce a richer flavor and color without adding a sweet flavor.
    False
  • Re: REC: Mole con Pollo y Arroz

That does sound delicious. A gf of mine use to spend the day roasting different peppers to make a mole. It was delicious, but so much work. I like your version...lol. Along with avocado & sour cream this really sound fabulous Linda, thank-you!!

Jill

False

thanks,added to my favorites.

Linda

False
    Photobucket

Hi Linda, I haven't talked to you in a long time. I hope you and DH are doing well.

I've had mole twice. The first was canned and horrible, the second specified the brand of canned, but added other ingredients and it was delicious, so I'd love to try homemade. Thanks for posting the recipe.

chefly

False

cllw

I thought this sounded good this morning~Linda

Mole con Pollo y Arroz
    Mole is a traditional Mexican sauce well know all over the world. Chocolate is the secret ingredient used to make the sauce rich but not overly sweet.
    1 cup chopped onion
    Olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 cup slivered almonds
    1/4 t pepper
    1 1-oz square bittersweet chocolate
    1 15-oz can tomato sauce
    2 7-oz cans green chile salsa
    2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
    1 cup cooked rice
    Avocado
    Lime
    Sour cream
    Heat a little oil in skillet and cook onion, garlic and almonds until onions are translucent.
    Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper until chocolate melts. Stir constantly.
    Pour tomato sauce, green chile salsa and chocolate mixture into blender and process until smooth.
    Pour sauce in skillet and add chicken. Stir to mix well and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
    Serve over hot rice and garnish with avocado and lime slices and dollop of sour cream. Serves 8
    Tip: Mole is a smooth, rich, dark red sauce usually containing a glend of garlic, onion and various chiles and seeds, such as pumpkin seeds called pepitas. A small amount of chocolate makes the sauce a richer flavor and color without adding a sweet flavor.

Sounds YUM!

Let's have a girls weekend getaway.  you bring this and I will bring the dessert! :)

False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/

Sounds good. Thanks

Brenda

False
    Photobucket

Thank you very much Linda!

False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/