Golden Coral Rolls | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Golden Coral Rolls

Last post Nov 30, 2005 7:46 PM by TriainAtlanta . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • Golden Coral Rolls
    I really love the rolls at Golden Coral. I have made many roll recipes but none ever turn out as light and fluffy as the ones at Golden Coral. Does anyone have a good roll recipe they'd like to share?

Thanks!
    False
  • RE: Golden Coral Rolls
    bump
    False
    I agree, those rolls are awesome!! Hope someone has the recipe for you.

Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Golden Coral Rolls

Friendly Freezer
    List of Ingredients

6 ounces warm milk
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 Tablespoons sugar
    1/4 cup warm water
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    1 egg, room temperature
    3 1/4 cups bread flour
    2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
    Recipe

Place ingredients in your bread machine according to manufactuer's
    directions. Use dough cycle. Form and let rise again. Bake at 350* F
    for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your oven and size of rolls. Can
    brush with melted butter as soon as you take them from the oven.
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    Thanks!!

I will try them soon.
    False
    My daughter and her husband both use to work at Golden Coral. In fact that is where they meant. He was an asst. manager and she worked the salad bar. The first time I made these rolls, I just told them it was a new recipe. The minute they both tasted them they said it tasted just like Golden Coral.

OATMEAL DINNER ROLLS

Serves: 2 dz.
    Source: “Taste of Home” Feb/March “96”
    Effort: average
    Comments: These taste just like Golden Corrals hot rolls
    When mixing the rolls, don’t add all your flour. Leave a portion of it to work in while you knead. This is a trick my Grandma taught me.

INGREDIENTS:
    2 c. water
    1 c. quick-cooking oats
    3 T. butter or margarine
    1 pkg. active dry yeast
    1/3 c. warm water (110-115º)
    1/3 c. packed brown sugar
    1 T. sugar
    1 1/2 t. salt
    4 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
    melted butter (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    In a saucepan, bring water to a boil; add oats and butter. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cool to lukewarm.
    In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water (I like to sprinkle just a little sugar to help get the yeast going). Let set for 10 minutes.
    Then add the oat mixture, sugars, and flour; beat until smooth. Then turn out on a floured surface and knead for 7 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
    Punch down; let rest (covered) 10 minutes.
    Shape into 24 balls. Place in a sheet cake pan (15x10”) that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
    Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
    When done, put rolls on wire rack and lightly brush with melted butter.

“Enthusiasm is contagious. You could start an epidemic”
    False
    Thanks CandyKisses!!
    False
    From razzledazzlerecipes

Golden Corral Rolls

1 envelope active dry yeast (not expired date)
    1/4 C. very warm water 105-110°F
    1/3 C. sugar
    1/4 C. butter or margarine
    1 t. salt
    1 C. scalding hot milk
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    4 1/2 C. sifted all-purpose four
    2 T. melted butter or margarine for brushing rolls

Sprinkle the yeast over very warm water in a large bowl. Stir until yeast dissolves and butter or margarine is melted. Cool mixture to 105 to 115°F. Add milk mixture to yeast, then beat in egg. Beat in 4 cups of the flour, 1 cup at a time to form a soft dough. Use some of the remaining 1/2 cup of the flour to dust a pastry cloth. Knead the dough lightly for 5 minutes, working in the remaining flour. Place dough in a warm buttered bowl; turn greased side up. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.

Punch dough down and fold dough over from 4 sides to knead lightly. Dough will be sticky, but use as little flour as possible for flouring your hands and the pastry cloth, otherwise the rolls will not be as light as they should be. Pinch off small chunks of dough and shape into round rolls about 11 /2 to 1 3/4 inches in diameter. Place in rows, not quite touching, in a well-buttered 12 x 9- by 2-inch pan. Cover rolls and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 30 to 40 minutes. Brush tops of rolls with melted butter or margarine then bake in a 375°F. oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until nicely browned.

Makes about 2 dozen rolls.
    False

Cool

Golden Corral Yeast Rolls

Makes 12 yeast rolls

1/2 cup vegetable oil -- that's Crisco
    1/2 cup boiling water
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/2 cup lukewarm water
    1 package active dry yeast
    1 large egg
    3 cups all-purpose flour

Mix the Crisco oil, boiling water, salt, and sugar. Mix until smooth and blended-let cool to lukewarm.

In a separate bowl, mix lukewarm water and yeast. Dissolve yeast and then pour into the oil mixture. Add 1 large egg and mix. Add 3 cups of all purpose flour and form into a ball. Lightly flour this ball and put it into a bowl. Let the "flour-ball" rise for 2 hours.

Shake the bowl so the ball drops down in size. Pinch off 3
    pieces for each roll. Roll these into little balls. Place the 3 balls in a well-greased muffin pan. (Each cup has 3 balls of flour) Let rise 2 hours.
    Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes.
    False

Cool

Thanks Marbaletq!
    False
    Bumping, for Saviorlife? I found it, I found it!! Connie
    False
    Thank you Maddee,
    I love to make home made rolls I'll give this one a try this week-end.
    Liovely
    False
    csharris,
    Thanks for bumping this thread for me! I've copied it and will give it a try.
    Thanks again!
    Pat
    False
    Please post which you think is closest. Those rolls are the only reason my sister likes Golden Corral. She'll eat a salad and bring on the rolls. She's nuts. :0)
    False
    I also love the rolls at Golden Corral. Thanks so much for posting these recipes.
    False