Converting a muffin recipe to a cake recipe... Question | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Converting a muffin recipe to a cake recipe... Question

Last post May 18, 2009 8:22 AM by jillzee . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • Converting a muffin recipe to a cake recipe... Question

Hi,

I need to make a cake using strawberries for a work birthday party this wednesday.  I have this recipe for muffins that I've been wanting to try for a long time now and was just wondering if it would convert to a cake recipe, or if this isn't enough.  I'm looking for 9 x 13 quantity, so maybe I should double it??  Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

Jill

Melt-in-your-mouth Strawberry Muffins

Source: The lid to a Stonyfield Farms yogurt container  

1 cup all purpose flour

1 cup whole wheat flour

½ cup sugar

1 ½ tsp baking soda

2 eggs

1 cup Stonyfield farm yogurt

¼ cup butter, melted

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup chopped strawberries, fresh or frozen

Preheat oven to 375 F.  In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and baking soda.  In another bowl, mix eggs, yogurt, butter, and vanilla.  Toss strawberries into the flour mixture.  Then pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture and stir. Spoon batter into greased muffin tin.  Bake 20-25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.

Yield: 12 muffins

False
  • Re: Converting a muffin recipe to a cake recipe... Question
    I take refreshments to church each Sunday. One of my favorites is a muffin recipe that I bake in a 13 x 9 pan. I spray the pan, put all the batter into the pan and bake. I bake it for 25-30 minutes but ovens vary so keep an eye on it and decide for yourself how long to bake it.
    False
  • Re: Converting a muffin recipe to a cake recipe... Question

Thanks CookieCarol :)  Does your muffin recipe typically make 12 muffins?  Or 24?  Just want to make sure I know how to judge it.

Thanks again,

Jill

False