Are 10 inch tube pans and 10 inch Bundt pans interchangeable? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Are 10 inch tube pans and 10 inch Bundt pans interchangeable?

Last post Sep 20, 2009 9:49 PM by gratefulservant_AZ . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Are 10 inch tube pans and 10 inch Bundt pans interchangeable?

I have been wanting to try this cake recipe as soon as it gets to be fall. I have tube pans that were my moms, but no clue what size they are. Hope the picture posts.

[image]

Caramel Apple Cake with Caramel Icing
    Source: Taste of Home

When I go to potlucks, family gatherings or on hunting and fishing trips with my husband and son, this cake is one of my favorite desserts to bring. The flavorful cake stays moist as long as it lasts, which isn't long! -Marilyn Paradis, Woodburn, Oregon

1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    3 eggs
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    3 1/2 cups diced peeled apples
    1 cup chopped walnuts
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract

CARAMEL ICING:
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/3 cup half-and-half cream
    1/4 cup butter -- cubed
    1 Dash salt
    1 cup confectioners' sugar
    Chopped walnuts -- optional

In a large mixing bowl, combine oil and sugars until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended. Fold in the apples, walnuts and vanilla.

Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tub pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream, butter and salt until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

• Re: Are 10 inch tube pans and 10 inch Bundt pans interchangeable?

I have used one for the other.  But to be sure it doesn't run over, don't fill the pan more than three-fourths full.  If there is more batter than that, just bake in a small loaf or small dish.  Three-fourths full is a 'rule of thumb' for any cake.

Please give a review of this recipe, it sound delicious.

False

Thanks. I will give a review. Have to go to store for more half and half and more brown sugar before I can make this. 

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

One of our favorite cakes!  I've made it for many years pretty much as written except we love it without the icing.  Usually make two at a time & freeze one.  Cake slices easily when frozen & thaws more quickly then. 

I do cut the oil to 1 1/4c. & use 2 scant cups of white sugar.  (No brown sugar.  Might have to try some next time.)  Really tart apples may need the full 2 cups.  Golden Delicious are fairly mild.  We prefer 4 good-sized MacIntosh or Spartans.  Never added nutmeg, just use cinnamon.  And the nuts can be cut to  2/3rds or 3/4's cup with good results.  Also it works well to add the cut apples & nuts to the dry ingredients before combining the wet with dry.

False

Thanks, pepmint. Glad to know it is a good one...and thanks for the hints :-). I'm really looking forward to trying this one.

False