What do you put in turkey cavity? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What do you put in turkey cavity?

Last post Nov 15, 2009 9:23 PM by Lynn1018 . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • What do you put in turkey cavity?

I usually put in celery and onion afer putting salt and pepper in the cavity. I would like to add more  though, any suggetions?  Thanks,  Maureen

False
  • Re: What do you put in turkey cavity?

I put apples & onions in mine.  I haven't 'stuffed' a turkey in many years.  I like the crunchy top stuffing gets out of the bird.

False

Community Manager

Taste of Home Magazine

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns with the Taste of Home website or community.

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sstetzel.toh@gmail.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

An onion, quartered, celery in chunks, an apple, orange, and lemon all quartered with peel.
    False

I salt and pepper the cavity, then put in celery, onion and orange. I also never put stuffing in my turkey anymore.  Pat

False

I just put chunked up celery, onions & carrots in the cavities.  When I make the gravy, I'll use my immersion blender to thicken the gravy w/the overcooked veggies.  I do also add thicken water & either corn starch or flour.  I think I remember a hint from a TV cooking show a while ago - to make your gravy look apealing & shiny....whisk in an egg yolk...anyone done that?  I figure we're already eating a high calorie gravy...hate to add any more cholesterol.

False