What do you serve with pulled pork? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What do you serve with pulled pork?

Last post Nov 26, 2009 8:20 PM by PeterpatchNana . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • What do you serve with pulled pork?

Hi: I am just trying a recipe I found here, but what kind of buns do you use? And what else do you serve with it? Thanks.

False
  • Re: What do you serve with pulled pork?

I just use whatever buns I have on hand.  We like cole slaw and baked beans with our pulled pork sandwiches.

False

Thanks, Jules.I never thought about baked beans and we all love them.

False

Usually use Hamburger buns.  I usually serve some of the following sides, slaw, baked beans, potato salad or chips of some kind.

False

I thought hamburger buns would be good. Thanks groovygranny.

False

My favorite roll to use with a pulled pork or a shredded beef sandwich is Sara Lee Everything Bagel.  The density holds up really well on these wet sandwiches.  They are chewy and just yummy.

Cole slaw is a usual side to this sandwich.  Baked beans would go well also.

False

I would never have thought of bagels! Will have to give them a try next time. Sounds like baked beans and coleslaw it is! Thanks everyone.

False

Here's a recipe I got from Cooks.com which would be good with pulled pork:

Oriental Coleslaw

1 flavor packet from Ramen Noodles

3 tablespoons sugar

3 tablespoons vinegar

1/2 cup oil

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 cup slivered almonds

2 tablespoons sesame seeds

1 package coleslaw

Roast 1 cup slivered almonds and 2 tablespoons sesame seeds for 7 or 8 minutes at 375 degrees.

Crunch up Ramen Noodles.  Just before serving, mix with 1 (16 oz.) package of cut up cabbage or cut your own cabbage and add carrots. 

Combine all igredients and serve

Would love to see some T and T variations of this recipe.  I think this one is good but I believe it could be improved.

False

This sounds yummy. I love any salad with nuts in it. Will have to try this. I just made regular cole slaw and served it with fresh bake shop buns. Very good. It was a little spicy because I had mostly spicy BBQ sauce, but everyone ate lots!

False