WHAT DO YOU ADD TO CANNED BAKED BEANS | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

WHAT DO YOU ADD TO CANNED BAKED BEANS

Last post Aug 24, 2005 1:40 AM by foxxyroxie_mi . 31 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 3 (32 items) 123
  • RE: WHAT DO YOU ADD TO CANNED BAKED BEANS
    i add maple syrup and/or brown sugar and canned pineapple tidbits. also sauteed onions and a little bit of mustard. soooo good! ~marekatt.
    False
    Tomato sauce, onions, green pepper, Brown sugar and bacon on the top, bake slowly for about 2 hours at 325 degrees. Very Good!!
    False
    I like Bush's Baked Beans. I put them into a small baking dish and add cut up hot dogs and some brown sugar. I bake it in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes. Debbie
    False
    Confetti Beans

1/2 lb. bacon chopped
    1 onion (chopped)
    2 tsp. mustard
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    4 Tbls. vinegar
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1 can butter beans
    1 can kidney beans
    1 Lg. can pork n beans
    1 can baked beans
    1 can baby limas

Fry bacon & onion. Add mustard, vinegar, brown sugar and garlic. Heat to a simmer. Add drained beans and bake or simmer for about 1 hour. Makes a "pretty" pot of beans. Can add hamburger for a great supper with cornbread.
    Combine all & bake 1 hourat 350.
    False
    Has anyone tried Bush's ChiliBeans? I used to get Ranch Style Beans but got Bush's by accident once. Now I will never go back to Ranch. Bush's has a thick sauce that is so yumilicious. I just eat a can of them over cornbread for dinner. I don't have to add a thing except my spoon. Now I will try the baked beans too since you guys "flung the cravin' on me". LOL! I love this board.
    False
    Ok, I found this post and will just go with the Bush's baked beans as some of you said they were goo as is.
    False
    Onion, brown sugar, molasses, ketchup, mustard, and sometimes green pepper. I fry my bacon, crumble it into the beans and add some of the grease to the pot.

KY Kate
    False
    This sounds really strange, but it's good. add a small can of drained sauerkraut to your baked bean recipe.to make it more of a meal add smoked sausage slices.
    False
    bump
    False
    I add onion, brown sugar and bacon strips.

Boe
    False
    This recipe came from my late Great Aunt. The family thinks it may have been on the can of B&M baked beans in the 30's-40's.
    I get rave reviews, hand out the recipe and have won a baked bean contest from this recipe.
    We call them

Aunt Mid's Baked Beans

55 oz. B & M Beans (3lbs. 7 oz)
    8 strips of bacon (fry & drain)
    1 lrg onion (diced, sauted with onion & bacon grease)
    Mix
    1/2 C catsup
    1/4 C molasses
    2 Tsp dry mustard (coleman's)

Mix all ingredients together. Pour mixture over beans. Bake at 250F for 3 hours.

Hope you find it as yummy as our family does.

CA girl
    False
    i buy bush's baked beans. usually don't add a thing to them but if i do it's just bacon.
    False

lol then again, i don't eat baked beans so i couldn't tell if they needed anything or not rofl!
    False

bump
    False
    I add chopped onion, ketchup, mustard, molasses, worcestchire sauce, brown sugar and sometimes some maple syrup. Then I top with bacon strips that have been pre-"under" cooked. Then I bake about and hour or so.

I usually start with a base of Campbells or Hanover because they have a plain flavor to start with.
    False