What is your favorite 9x13 in. pan Christmas dessert? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What is your favorite 9x13 in. pan Christmas dessert?

Last post Dec 14, 2009 5:59 PM by doitl8tr . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • What is your favorite 9x13 in. pan Christmas dessert?

Hello,

So many of the holiday recipes are for candy, and cookies. Don't get me wrong, those are delicious and we all look forward to these treats! I was just wondering what your favorite dessert recipe is that comes in a 9x13 in. pan that you look forward to at Christmas! Looking for something to make next week for a crew at work!

Thanks in advance for your postings!Paradise

False
  • Re: What is your favorite 9x13 in. pan Christmas dessert?
    This yummy cake is a favorite of mine to make because it is so easy and so good. Piggykins posted this version. In my recipe the quarter cup of creme de menthe replaces a quarter cup of the liquid in the cake part of the recipe. Creme De Menthe Cake Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13-inch pan. 1 White Cake Mix-prepare batter according to the instructions on box, adding: 1/4 cup Creme De Menthe Bake in a preheated oven according to box directions. Remove from oven and dollop with: 2 jars Hot Fudge Ice Cream Topping- at room temperature. Wait 2-3 minutes to soften and spread like frosting. Cool Completely. 3. Topping: 1 (8-ounce) Cool Whip 1/4 cup Creme De Menthe Mix together and spread on cooled cake. Refrigerate. This is a recipe I make where I have had people fighting over the empty pan to get the crumbs out!.... piggykins (You might also consider pumpkin pie bars, pecan pie bars, apple pie bars, etc. etc. )
    False

Hawaiian Cake

Hawaiian Cake Recipe
    Photo by: Taste of Home
    Rating

100% would make again

Pairing pineapple with coconut lent a tropical flavor to the dessert served as the finale to our theme party. Shared by a former co-worker, this recipe has been in my file for 20 years and never fails to delight those who try a piece. -Gina Mueller, Converse, Texas

12-15 Servings
    • Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling

Ingredients

• 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
    • 1-1/4 cups cold milk
    • 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
    • 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
    • 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
    • 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
    • 1/4 cup sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted

Directions

• Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
    • In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in pineapple. Spread over cake. Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; set aside.
    • In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping. Spread over pudding. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
    False

This is one of DH'S favorites and the green color is nice for the Holidays.

PITSTACHIO DELIGHT

Bottom layer
    1 cup flour
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup slivered almonds
    Mix and pat into 9x13 pan and bake ar 350F for 15 min. cool

Second layer
    1 8oz pkg. creamcheese
    1 cup whipped topping
    Spread on cooled base

Third layer
    2 pkg. (small) instant pistachio pudding
    2 2/3 cups milk
    Spread over second layer

Forth layer
    1 cup whipped topping
    Spread over third layer and sprinkle with sliced almonds.

Put in fridge or freeze.

Anita

False

Last year this was a hit for several Christmas gatherings

Bake a white or yellow cake mix according to package. Bake in cake pan. Let cool. Poke holes lightly throughout the cake. Mix a box of strawberry or cherry jello according to directions. Pour over cake. Set in refrigerator to set up. Ice with a box of cool whip.

for a covered dish dinner, I spice the recipe up by placing sliced strawberries on top of jello then ice with cool whip. Refreshing and festive.

False

bump

False

Pineapple Delight

32 large marshmallows
    1 cup of milk
    30 graham crackers (crushed)
    5 tbsps of butter (melted)
    20 oz. can of crushed pineapple
    1 pint of whipping cream

Melt the marshmallows in milk and let cool. Mix the graham wafers and melted butter, reserve 3 tbsps and press the rest into a 9x13 pan. Drain the pineapple, whip the whipping cream and mix together then add the melted marshmallows. Pour over the crust and sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill before serving.

False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/

Well, the only Christmas dessert I make in a 9 x 13 pan IS cookies... bar cookies.  lol.  The first thing that comes to mind is gumdrop cookies.  Except for the time it takes to chop the gumdrops, they're quick and easy to make.

False
    Blessings, Christy

Here is a recipe I copied from Star a loooooooong time ago and it's always a hit!

Posted by: starshineeliz Posted on: 7/2/2003 10:40:49 AM
    #R1777001
    Thought of another one I want to add. I thought it was Maddy's recipe but she said not, so I am not sure who originally posted it. If you stumble across this and it was you, please let me know, so I can add your name to the recipe. I copied this over a year ago when I was really new to the board and didn't know anyone.

Junior Mint Brownies

1 5.5 oz box Junior Mints (I used a box that was probably twice that size to get a more minty flavor)
    1 1/2 cup melted butter
    3 cups sugar
    1 Tbsp vanilla
    5 eggs
    2 Cups flour
    1 cup cocoa
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, stir together butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs, beat until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Blend well.
    Reserve 2 cups batter. Spread remaining batter in prepared pan. Arrange Junior Mints in a single layer over the batter. Spread the remaini ng batter over Junior Mints. Bake for 50 to 55 min. or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.

Another easy way if you are in a hurry is to mix up your favorite brownie mix, bake as directed, and as soon as they come out of the oven, spread the Junior Mints out over the top and cover tightly with foil until the candies begin to melt. Then spread in swirls and stuff across the top and let cool. These are delicious also.

False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields

Bumping for more for her. 

False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields

This is a dessert that I came up with a few years ago -- it's always a huge hit! It's different than the usual eclair dessert recipes, and just super yummy!

Chocolate Eclair Dessert

Make this the day ahead, so it has time to chill and set in the fridge. This dessert tastes EXACTLY like chocolate eclairs, only a lot easier!

List of Ingredients

2 pkgs of Keebler fudge stripe cookies
    8 oz carton Cool Whip
    2 small pkgs instant vanilla pudding
    3 cups milk
    1 8-oz pkg cream cheese
    1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
    1 can of ready to use dark chocolate fudge frosting

Place one layer of cookies in bottom of a 9 x 13 dish, set aside. (Break some cookies in half to fit if needed.)

Using a whisk or a hand mixer, blend together the pudding mixes and 3 cups of milk. Set aside to thicken.

In another bowl (no need to wash the beaters, everything will end up together anyway), beat together the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.

Now beat together the pudding mixture and the cream cheese mixture; fold in the Cool Whip.

Spread the pudding mixture over the cookies in the dish. Place another layer of cookies on top.

For the chocolate topping ...

Take the can of dark chocolate fudge frosting ... warm it in the microwave on low until it's thinned enough to pour. Drizzle over the top layer of cookies, spreading with a spatula as needed (work quickly, it sets up fast!).

Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.

False
    I haven't failed; I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

I make lots of 9x13 cakes which are really good but these are a couple of our favorites at Christmas.   They also need to be made ahead and put in the freezer for easy serving when you're ready.   A great feature at this busy time of the year.

The Oreo ice cream cake - and I make it at Christmas with either peppermint ice cream - or cherry vanilla.   Really pretty and quite festive.

The other favorite is the Coconut Cloud Cake.   Both are posted on the board but I will do a quick search and post them. 

False
    Tria
    OREO CAKE

20 Oreo cookies
    1 stick margarine
    1/2 gal. Vanilla or choc. chip ice cream,
    softened  (see notes about different ice cream flavors)
    1 c. powdered sugar
    6 oz. chocolate chips
    1 small can evaporated milk
    1 small container Cool Whip,
    thawed

Put 20 Oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag and roll very fine.
    Melt 1/2 stick margarine and mix together with cookies. Spread
    in a 9 x 13-inch pan and freeze until frozen (about 1 hour).
    Then take 1/2 gallon  ice cream, softened just enough to
    spread over cookies and freeze this. Cook powdered sugar,
    chocolate chips, evaporated milk and 1/2 stick margarine until
    thick. Let icing cool some and pour over ice cream and freeze again.
    When ready to serve, spread thawed Cool Whip over top and crumbled some Oreo cookies on top.

Previous notes from an earlier post - Tria
    I made this last night for a Valentine's Day Dessert - but  I used some Chocolate "peppermint cream" sandwich cookies that I bought for the holidays at Trader Joe's.   Didn't make the dessert then and put the cookies in the freezer.    I make this dessert a lot at Christmas and use Peppermint ice Cream - really yummy.
       Well,  I needed to use the cookies so I used the recipe with those cookies and substituted Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream - put a little almond flavoring in the frosting recipe.   Fantastic!   I use this slightly larger glass/Pyrex oblong dish and so I increased my cookies to 30 (I had plenty) and used about 1 and 1/2 sticks of butter.   I crumbled a few leftover cookies over the top of the cool whip but also added - some chopped cherries - or even better - some chopped chocolate covered cherries on top would be spectacular.    Another dessert that can be made ahead (must be - actually)  and stored in your freezer ready for serving!   You do have to make it in "stages" but that's really not a problem.

The frosting sets up instantly after pouring it on the frozen ice cream - be sure and cool the frosting slightly first!!!
    False
    Tria
    I  first found this in the newspaper and have had it in my recipe file for years.   It is a wonderful cake and everyone seems to enjoy it.    I love to serve coconut cake with peppermint ice cream during the holidays!

Coconut Cloud Cake

1 pckg. yellow cake mix - I have used all types and brands - pudding type - and sometimes I use the butter type.
    1 14 oz. package flake coconut - I really like to use the frozen, (I think it's better) - 2  6 oz. packages - found in the frozen food dept. - usually near the frozen fruits.
    2 cups milk
    1 cup granulated sugar
     1  8 or 9 oz. container frozen whipped topping - use the extra creamy for a real treat!

Prepare and bake cake as directed on package in a 9 x 13 pan.

While cake is baking, bring milk, sugar and half of coconut to a boil - but do not continue to boil - turn off heat.
    When cake is done - remove from oven, punch holes in cake with ice pick or skewer. Pour milk,sugar,coconut mixture over cake - evenly - letting it saturate - and spread coconut in mixture evenly over cake.
    Let cake cool completely at room temperature. When cake is cool, spread with the whipped topping and top with remaining coconut. Refrigerate.
    This cake is best when made the day before you plan to use it. It also freezes well.
    The milk mixture soaking in makes for a very moist and yummy cake.
    Hope you will try it and enjoy it!
    False
    Tria

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all of your recipes!! How can I just try one???? Paradise

False