Looking for a fudge recipe using almond bark! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Looking for a fudge recipe using almond bark!

Last post Dec 17, 2009 4:14 PM by carol1229 . 1 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
  • Looking for a fudge recipe using almond bark!

I had this amazing fudge at a Christmas lunch and have to have it for my family get-togethers! The lady who made it said it consisted of almond bark, peanut butter, mini-marshmallows, and rice krispies.

I've tried searching the internet for the right measurements but nothing quite matches. (Many recipes I've found call for peanuts as well; I don't know if they are in her recipe at all or if she merely chose to leave them out.)

I am not that good at experimenting in the kitchen and would greatly appreciate this recipe--it's some of the best fudge I've ever tasted! Thanks!!

False
  • Re: Looking for a fudge recipe using almond bark!

I couldn't find any recipes for fudge...however these look like they could be made into fudge....I bet she left the nuts out of the recipe she made...just about every recipe I ran across contained them.

I figured I'd bring them over so you could take a look....the fudge sounds REALLY good and so don't these........each a little different but they contain the ingredients you listed.

Hope they're close to what you're looking for....

Carol

ALMOND BARK KRISPIE TREATS
    (Source: cooks.com)

1 (12 oz.) pkg. almond bark
    1/3 c. Peanut butter
    2 c. Miniature marshmallows
    3 c. Rice Krispies
    1/2 can peanuts, dry roasted or Spanish

Melt bark in microwave in a glass container 5 minutes at medium power. Add peanut butter; cook 1 minute more. Mix up good. Mix in large bowl marshmallows, Krispies, and peanuts.

Pour almond bark over dry ingredients and stir. Pour in greased 13x9-inch pan (can add Fruit Loops along with Krispies).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     ALMOND BARK COOKIES

2 1/2 lb. white almond bark
    4 c. Rice Krispies
    1 c. chopped salted nuts
    2 c. crunchy peanut butter
    2 c. miniature marshmallows

Heat oven to 200 degrees and turn off. Place almond bark in a 9x13-inch pan into oven. When softened, remove and add peanut butter, Rice Krispies, marshmallows and nuts. Drop by spoonful on waxed paper. Yield: 85-100 cookies.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ALMOND BARK BARS

1 lb. pkg. white almond bark
    1 c. chunky peanut butter
    1 tsp. almond flavoring
    4 c. Rice Krispies
    1 c. peanuts

Melt almond bark over water. Add peanut butter and mix. Remove from heat. Add flavoring, Rice Krispies and peanuts. Stir together and press in a 9x13-inch pan.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ALMOND ROCKY ROAD

Place 2 lb. confectioners' almond bark, white chocolate, butterscotch morsels, or semi sweet chocolate on cookie sheet in 200 degree oven for 20 minutes

Mix in large bowl: 3 c. miniature marshmallows, 3 c. dry roasted peanuts, 1 1/2 c. peanut butter.

Mix until coated with peanut butter. Add melted almond bark and mix well. Drop on waxed paper.

False